Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Coyote trapping on my own property

I had 9 laying hens and a rooster and then added my replacement crop that I hatched out in early May to the pen!

Two weeks later I had"something" dig a hole and kill all 14 of my replacement young ones plus two of my older hens!!!

Trail Cam Time!!!

post-2034-0-78599700-1500607181_thumb.jpg

I have a 5 acre parcel with my closest neighbor half a mile away......so my question is???

Can I use a jaw trap for this coyote?

Do I have to have a trappers permit?

I actually caught this varmint cutting across my property yesterday....if I'd had a shotgun I woulda let him have it!!!

Coyotes are year round. Dont ask dont tell either way. Had a bob cat kill our two goats a few yrs back, was outta season, and the G&F officer gave us permission to kill it if it came back. In such circumstances its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission

I hope you don't live out there with the crazy weirdos. There was a lady named June Goodman that went missing out there maybe 15 years ago. I always wonder if they will find out more about that.

I hope you don't live out there with the crazy weirdos. There was a lady named June Goodman that went missing out there maybe 15 years ago. I always wonder if they will find out more about that.

Yep, that one is still a mystery............and there are some pretty sketchy home owners out that direction......I live on the west outskirts of city limits.....not to say we don't have some out that direction either!!!

• Like 1

Yep, that one is still a mystery............and there are some pretty sketchy home owners out that direction......I live on the west outskirts of city limits.....not to say we don't have some out that direction either!!!

Good. That is a much better place. I've watched a friends house out that direction and felt real safe.

Chicken wire does not keep out coyotes. Wire needs to be extended out on or in the ground. You just as well make a box trap big enough for a coyote as it will be a continuous problem.

• Like 1

Leave him that's his home!

Not serious, give him some rat poison ground beef.

As mentioned, chicken wire does nothing for predators and you have to go into the ground with fencing or go out about a foot or so along the entire perimeter. Depending on your setup, Id use those welded horse panels from tractor supply then line the lower 2 ft or so with wire mesh.

New River..

I have the same problem. Dropped 3 deuces outside my door- 1 each night. I setup a cam- doesn't come back.

When he does.. I have a broadhead ready. I think it's after the pet rabbit.

Yes you can use a jaw trap if it meets arizonas laws, only on private property, and no trappers licenses needed, just have documentation and proof (pics) that the coyotes, bobcats etc are killing them.

• Like 1

Hey vowell! It sounds like we need to have a hunt on his property buddy. I'll bring the shotgun, haha.

We've been getting tons of coyotes here and I think the monsoon has been bringing them in closer. I saw two decent sized coyotes roadkill off the 79.

Hey vowell! It sounds like we need to have a hunt on his property buddy. I'll bring the shotgun, haha.

We've been getting tons of coyotes here and I think the monsoon has been bringing them in closer. I saw two decent sized coyotes roadkill off the 79.

Yea it sure does! Roadkill coyotes is a sure sign they are in a abundance, especially more than one

• Like 2

Have you tried putting up a please don't eat the chickens sign?

Why are you trolling your own dad instead of helping him out you big meaniehead.

• Like 3

I am sure there is no shortage of guys on this forum that will be more than happy to come out there with a caller and fill the coyotes' brains with #4 buckshot. It would be a heck of a lot more fun than trapping anyways.