Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Extreme Couponing

I am a horrible shopper, and lack the patience for it.

It's an art.

1. Anything other than meat and produce go to Walmart or Winco.

2. Meat, shop the weekly sales or go to Bashas, Sprouts or Food City.

3. Produce, Food City and watch weekly flyers. Sprouts usually has decent prices and good quality.

Disclaimer, I never coupon.

This is solid advice, although you can do all of your shopping at Walmart. They add match.

Walmart meat is questionable

I find it to be pricey, except for the vacuum packaged pork ribs. They used to have Boudain but stopped carrying it but the smoked turkey wings and ham hocks and necks are good.

• Like 1

I avoid Walmart at all costs for anything. I don't care if I have to pay more somewhere else.

• Like 2

I avoid Walmart at all costs for anything. I don't care if I have to pay more somewhere else.

me too.. Target for me. Wal Mart at least in the metropolitan Phoenix area are freaking mad houses with long lines...I get my OTC tags at Wal Mart though!

On 7/25/2017 at 6:53 PM, Coues Sniper said:

I have a wife. So while that creates the NEED for couponing, it also solves the problem of WHO does it.

Well said. My wife used to be an "extreme couponer" too. She was constantly annoying me about it, telling me where we should buy groceries and household goods even if that meant going 2 km away from the nearest store (which is right around the corner). But I must admit that her hobby saved us a few thousand on gas. She's she had toned it down too (I guess that's seasonal), now she's mostly using the internet and apps to look for better bargains. Reading reviews like this helps too, at least she doesn't yell on me because I was buying the cheapest soap and shampoo. 

My wife used to do this and was awesome being as we had a family of 7 she was shopping for. She stopped when stores started making it near impossible to get great deals on stuff. Does anyone's wife in az still do extreme couponing? My wife would like to talk if they do

I call the Wallmart on 19 ave and Bell the  United Nations shopping center. I think sometimes I am the only American in there. Rareley go. Pay more else where...............BOB!