Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Need gun identification

Picked this up recently and don't know the model, I think 16 ?

It's traced back to 1924 per the owner but can't remember the model?

Pump action in 30 rem

post-10379-0-37610700-1500948374_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-88812100-1500948396_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-24194900-1500948436_thumb.jpeg

Really love the head stamp in the side of the action very cool.

It's either a Remington 14 or 141 depending on the year of manufacture. Looks like a 14 to me.

Cartridges of the World under .30 Remington lists a model 14 slide action being introduced in that chambering in 1912.

My dad has a model 14 in 30 remington, it has a spiraled magazine that offsets the bullets from the primers. I believe that brass headstamp was added at some point. My dad's is very original and it does not have that.

I have a 35 Rem that's similar to yours. it is a model 141. it has the same head stamp on the side.

• Like 1

Ok after a great many hours of research and talking to previous owner and looking through gun bible I have found this gun to be a model 14 built in 1928.

A little trick for anyone wanting to correctly identify a gun, it's this complicated time consuming process of looking at the model 14 stamp on the action!!!! Lol

I guess the lighting was all wrong the first time I looked over the gun Haha. Very cool this was a one owner gun purchase in 1929 for 68.00 bucks. Last round down the tube was 40 years ago.