Sign in to follow this  
AZ8

Easy fix or PITA?

The use steeper motors for those gauges they are inexpensive and there are lots of people who fix them.

As for the reduced power problems the othe guy is having we had one traced down to wiring or throttle control and customer sold truck. That was a common problem on those trucks

Same thing happened with mine, then all the gauges did their own thing. Started having lots of other issues after that.

I had a 2004 and a 2005 both had this issue. There are guys that do a mobile repair for this service, it costs about $300 to do the whole gauge panel (recommended) or $125 per gauge.

if your in tucson and can take it out yourself take it to tjs speedometer or if you have all the right tools you can order the motors on line and solder them into the board it is not really expensive I have had tons of those rebuilt and tjs does a great job

• Like 1

Another vote for Dick's speedo. My 03 did the same thing several years back. They re-soldered some connections on the cluster and has been good since. Turn around time was less than an hour.

• Like 1

if your in tucson and can take it out yourself take it to tjs speedometer or if you have all the right tools you can order the motors on line and solder them into the board it is not really expensive I have had tons of those rebuilt and tjs does a great job

that's the place I couldn't remember the name.

Same year make and model and I am on my third after two warranty replacements. This one has done pretty well but is starting to go too. Lights on the heater temp area are going. Driver side is out. 178K miles.

What? No jokes about not buying a Gov't Motors truck in the 1st place? Wow, this place isn't what it used to be.