Sign in to follow this  
bwp22

WTB 7E Flatline Map

I've heard nothing but good things about the Flatline maps. Before I pony up the $40 for a new one, I was looking to see if anyone had one they would want to sell. Im looking for AZ 7E. PM me with asking price.

Thanks for looking!

I ponied up the money for a 7E Flatline map three years ago for my daughter's first elk hunt. Best $40 I've spent on maps. So much so, that I now own four Flatline Maps that I've paid for!

7E early archery, should be a fun hunt his year.

I ponied up the money for a 7E Flatline map three years ago for my daughter's first elk hunt. Best $40 I've spent on maps. So much so, that I now own four Flatline Maps that I've paid for!

Yea, I'll probably just buy a new one now. I have to go to Bull Basin anyway now after shooting. My serving just separated and my nock loop slid up about a quarter inch. Strings only 2 months old! Always something.....

If you use Avenza maps on your phone, they offer Flatline's as a download. Avenza offers a great map service. Allows you to mark waypoints and measure distances and use your maps all without cell service.

7E early archery, should be a fun hunt his year.

7e is looking really good. Lots of older bulls running around this year.

If you use Avenza maps on your phone, they offer Flatline's as a download. Avenza offers a great map service. Allows you to mark waypoints and measure distances and use your maps all without cell service.

Yea, I use Avenza also. I first used it last year in Wyoming for an antelope hunt and it worked really well. Wyoming has free map downloads for their hunt units using Avenza. I currently only have the Coconino NF map downloaded for 7E. I also like to have a paper map to write on. Guess that's the old man in me. Lol!

look up rugged maps. (www.ruggedmaps.com) I came across them on fb. they're out of Oregon, but can make everything from maps to blueprints,. IF you're fb savvy, they are some pretty awesome videos of them on their page.

they're printed on a vinyl cloth, have a 5 yr no fade guarantee, water proof, machine washable, and in one video the guy actually used it to hold his quarters when cleaning an elk, then washed the blood off. Remember the old raised relief map hanging in the elementary schools? that's how these look, but obviously flat and printed. The data base also uses previous wildfire boundary oulines (with dates) to show previously burned areas.

they run 38 bucks (map+shipping) I want to say they are about 3X3

--

now the negatives.

-We bought ones for 22 (comes in 2 maps, I believe he cut my brother a deal when he ordered this). 22N is a different scaling fro the 22s to get it to fit the sheet. not that big of a deal,

-I bought one for 20a, and im not sure what data base he uses...like for example "Crown king" was actually on the map as Bradshaw City. (this might be due to the fact that the original town name was to be Bradshaw city, but people over time adapted to calling it Crown King-the name of the mine claim- and other maps over time just went with it)

-On the 20a map, the unit is centered but the border between 20a and 20b are not that well marked. It is definitely a 20 a map, and I s labeled as such. but if you are hunting the fringes of units that might need some attention to detail to keep you "on the right side of the fence"

I like them. I have a couple of flatline maps, But from here on out, im buying rugged.

look up rugged maps. (www.ruggedmaps.com) I came across them on fb. they're out of Oregon, but can make everything from maps to blueprints,. IF you're fb savvy, they are some pretty awesome videos of them on their page.

they're printed on a vinyl cloth, have a 5 yr no fade guarantee, water proof, machine washable, and in one video the guy actually used it to hold his quarters when cleaning an elk, then washed the blood off. Remember the old raised relief map hanging in the elementary schools? that's how these look, but obviously flat and printed. The data base also uses previous wildfire boundary oulines (with dates) to show previously burned areas.

they run 38 bucks (map+shipping) I want to say they are about 3X3

--

now the negatives.

-We bought ones for 22 (comes in 2 maps, I believe he cut my brother a deal when he ordered this). 22N is a different scaling fro the 22s to get it to fit the sheet. not that big of a deal,

-I bought one for 20a, and im not sure what data base he uses...like for example "Crown king" was actually on the map as Bradshaw City. (this might be due to the fact that the original town name was to be Bradshaw city, but people over time adapted to calling it Crown King-the name of the mine claim- and other maps over time just went with it)

-On the 20a map, the unit is centered but the border between 20a and 20b are not that well marked. It is definitely a 20 a map, and I s labeled as such. but if you are hunting the fringes of units that might need some attention to detail to keep you "on the right side of the fence"

I like them. I have a couple of flatline maps, But from here on out, im buying rugged.

Thanks, I'll check them out.