Sign in to follow this  
treeman

Wife just drew out. I have never shot a muzzy

New to this muzzleloader thing even though I've had one for a few years. I have a encore prohunter .50 cal. I'm just wondering what kind of scope I can put on it. Is there any rules on the kind of optics etc...other than that I think I can figure out everything else.

• Like 1

Once I figured out the loads and equipment, I was amazed at accurate it was at 100 yards. Very tight groups. Have fun!

The monarch I believe its a Nikon, has the range circles works great, you no the one Michael Wiydel advertises l

Leupold has the Shockey 3-9 and 2-7 scopes designed for muzzleloaders. They are set up with mil dots to match a 100 and 150 grain loads with a 300 grain sabot for a 50 caliber. They are dead nuts on and also inexpensive. Or you can just break down and buy the Ultimate Muzzleloader from Ultimate Firearms which are delivered with scope and are deadly to 500 yards....

Muzzleloader scopes typically have a little more eye relief than standard rifle scopes. They do that because those 150gr loads tend to buck. The recoil is different from what you are used to with rifles. It's not necessarily worse, just different, with more movement.