Rumhunter84

What color cerakote?

Hey guys I can't decide on a color for my rifle building a 28 nosler !

Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 MOAR-T

Deviant LA mag bolt face

Proof .284 1-8 twist barrel

Timney Calvin elite trigger

Badger 338 cip bottom metal

Manners EH1A Stock Elite Black Forest camo

Will post some colors I'm looking at but if you have a recommendation please feel free to tell me . will include pictures of my stock camo plus some of the colors im looking at

Thanks guys !

post-14930-0-46081600-1501803960_thumb.png

post-14930-0-50270100-1501803984_thumb.png

post-14930-0-08069000-1501804015_thumb.png

post-14930-0-62774400-1501804036_thumb.png

All of those colors actually look really good on Firearms. Can't really go wrong any way you choose, but good luck with the decision.

I had the barrel and action on my slug gun done in "Disrupted Bronze"-- It was a mix of base colors- Burnt Bronze and Midnight--- seen it done with Burnt Bronze and Graphite as well. Looks almost black but then you catch the bronze metallic hue.

My .280AI I am building will be very similar. I am going Armor Black on my metal. But I like that Midnight Bronze

Either black or midnight bronze looks good too. Sounds like you are having a really nice rifle built. Do you plan on shooting the 195 Berger's?

Yes I am !

My .280AI I am building will be very similar. I am going Armor Black on my metal. But I like that Midnight Bronze

I like midnight bronze a lot I just don't want to clash with the carbon . I went armor black on my 300 rum .

I like midnight bronze a lot I just don't want to clash with the carbon . I went armor black on my 300 rum .

I think I have seen that rifle...

I think the Patriot brown would look pretty good on there too.

If you go with a 'flat' color then patriot brown gets the nod for sure!! I think the greens are just too hard to predict how they will look/match. My Noveske AR is Patriot Brown, my fav of all the earth/brown/etc colors.

• Like 1

depending on your goal for the rifle you could do a few different colors. With that stock color I would possibly consider going with a lighter forest green, FDE or a milk chocolate brown color. If you wanted to contrast the carbon fiber pattern in the stock you could go with a tungeston type color on the action, or even do a distressed tungeston / black, fde / black type look on the rifle action / barrel.

since it's a defiance action those things are cut TIGHT! Did you order it from Defiance with "paint tolerances", which is where they actually cut the bolt 0.002" thinner so the coating won't wear off quickly and you have issues with the bolt cycling easily? If not it can still be painted but it's a lot more work.

The action will need to be properly prepped because it's really shiny coming from defiance, if it isn't blasted and prepped right your paint is gonna wear off really quick. I have done quite a bit of defiance and surgeon actions for customers.

This is kind of like our version of decorating a house. It is funny to sit here reading about color choices. That said I really like the Patriot Brown.