Sign in to follow this  
mesajeeper

OnX Maps?

I hunt in a southern unit for mule deer. The area we hunt has a lot of private land around it. I am looking for some mapping software that will detail the private vs public lands. I found OnXmaps and they appear to have the information I need. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has used OnXmaps. The good and the bad. Is there another mapping software I should consider? I have used back country navigator the last several years and it has worked great for me. I like that I can download layers for offline use. It is just missing the private land layer. Also, I would like to be able to mark waypoints on my computer and sync to my phone and visa versa. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I switched from back country to onx, they just did an upgrade and it's really good. You can mark either your phone or computer and they sink automatic.

I really like it. Just make sure you download offline map ahead of time no matter what. Even with decent phone coverage maps don't show well. If you download and run airplane mode it's really good. It's cool that your markers stay no matter what map you use and weather you have it downloaded or not. I don't even use google earth anymore.

• Like 1

I have used OnX for about 7 years. It was initially recommended to me by an NMDGF regional supervisor. I drew an antelope tag and the public land ranch I was assigned to had many pieces of private and indian owned land within it's boundaries. He told me there was a trial offer available and if I used it for that hunt I would be so impressed I would purchase the product. He was correct. I am still very happy with the product and have never looked to switch to anything else. I run it on a garmin GPS, not a phone. I have never used any of the other available programs.

• Like 1

I have a Garmin Oregon and use it with the On X maps. It is an absolute must in areas that are spreckled with public/private. I hunt antelope in Wyoming every year and I would have to pass up on A LOT of game without the On X maps.

I recently switched over from my etrex 20 to OnX. I'll be using both together while hunting.

Does onX allow you to switch between satellite and topo maps when using the phone or computer version.

I have used OnX for about 7 years. It was initially recommended to me by an NMDGF regional supervisor. I drew an antelope tag and the public land ranch I was assigned to had many pieces of private and indian owned land within it's boundaries. He told me there was a trial offer available and if I used it for that hunt I would be so impressed I would purchase the product. He was correct. I am still very happy with the product and have never looked to switch to anything else. I run it on a garmin GPS, not a phone. I have never used any of the other available programs.

Similar story...my buddy got the trial version during his sheep hunt and it was so valuable during the hunt that he bought the subscription. I recently got the trial version and before my next hunt ill definitely subscribe.

Similar story...my buddy got the trial version during his sheep hunt and it was so valuable during the hunt that he bought the subscription. I recently got the trial version and before my next hunt ill definitely subscribe.

There are discount codes available for 20% off

There is a 30% off code right now "Holiday30"

Awesome. Now getting all their automated emails to hurry up and subscribe since my trial expired. :D