JTO

Thanks Flatlander

While I haven't posted much in a long time, I want to say thank you publicly for a kind gesture done without fanfare.

I had been waiting for my deer tag since last week when I was made aware that they were arriving in the mail. Each day I checked, I became a little more bothered it wasn't in my hands.

Last night my doorbell rang and I answered my door. On my doorstep stood a familiar face (due to a mutual friend) that I haven't seen in at least 15 years. He reached into his back pocket and said "is this you?" He recognized my last name but remembered me only by middle name which wasn't on the deer tag. I laughed and said "yes" and asked "how come you have it?" He replied "it was stuck to my tag that came In the mail". I invited him in and talked for a bit.

When he left, I sat there and thought about him taking the time to track me down (address on my tag was my old address....even though the portal shows otherwise) and deliver my tag. He could have done the easy thing and thrown it back in the mail. He didn't. Thanks for going the extra mile for another hunter and being a good man. I hope your fall is a productive one. Thanks again Flatlander

• Like 20

Do unto others as you want them to do unto you!!!! Nice job Flatlander!!!!

God job, Andrew!

I saw Flatlander yesterday and just had to ask. "My bull elk tag, antelope tag and bighorn sheep tag have not shown up yet. You going to reach in your pocket and pull them out?" He just laughed. Hey, it was worth a shot.

• Like 4

I saw Flatlander yesterday and just had to ask. "My bull elk tag, antelope tag and bighorn sheep tag have not shown up yet. You going to reach in your pocket and pull them out?" He just laughed. Hey, it was worth a shot.

I was hoping someone out there has my tag stuck to theirs too!!!!

Course I didn't get drawn but with that kind of mojo going on out there.....it could happen!

Very cool story!!!