I'm looking for some suggestions for 25-06. It's a new caliber to me. Bullet, brass, powder favorites?

Also looking for a good die set if anyone has one the want to sell. Would prefer Redding.

Thanks

Depends on what you want to do with it for a deer load 100 gr Swift Scirocco over Rl-22 in Nosler brass and fed 210 primers. I've done well with the 117 Hornady SST, and 115 Nosler Ballistic tip also.

• Like 1

115gr Berger and 117gr Hornady BTSP are what my 257 weatherby like.

25 cal is a sweet little round that will get it done.

H1000 works extremely well in a 25-06 with a 115 Berger bullet. Without looking at my notes I want to say 57.5gr has worked well in the last couple I have worked on. Velocities have been around 3150.

Stomp, I think that charge weight of RL22 might be a touch hot in a standard .25-06 Rem. I used 58.0 of RL22 in my .25-06AI @ 3440fps.

Like I said I don't have my note book in front of me. But I have been using H1000 in the last few I have done load work on. Hodgdon site shows a max charge of 58.5gr as a max load with 117gr bullets.

• Like 1

I have loaded for 3 different 25-06s and none were too picky. All shot very well.

you have some good starting points already. Using 100 gr. nosler ballistic tips, I found that IMR 7828 gave me the best accuracy in two of the rifles, H4831 in the other.

This is encouraging. Just picked up a model 700 25-06. Hoping to turn this into my coues gun

Hard pressed to find a better Coues rig than a .25-06. Mild recoil, flat trajectories, high velocities and excellent terminal performance for it's size.

I have a 25-06 I'm about ready to throw down the chute! I have a Rem 700 and I've tried IMR4831, MagPro, and, now, RL 22 with Barnes 100gr TSX (only hunt with Barnes) and I can't get the stupid thing to group worth a darn, but the IMR4831 loads and MagPro were both fired off clean barrels. Of course, I haven't monkeyed with seating depths beyond going with the standard 0.050" that Barnes recommends starting with. Barnes' manual lists H1000 for the 90gr, but not the 100gr. Will H1000 work with the 100gr? I just picked up some H1000 for another rifle (6.5WSM), so I can try that. Otherwise, I'll pick up some RL 19 or try again with the MagPro and a fouled barrel

At the same time, my gunsmith up here is talking me into converting that rifle to a .280AI to give to my son when he outgrows his current youth model in a couple of years.

I have a 25-06 I'm about ready to throw down the chute!

I happen to have a loving home for any unruly 25-06's. I promise to feed them whatever it takes to get them shooting appropriately. ;)

• Like 2