Sign in to follow this  
Rag Horn

Laminate Floor Suggestions

I am looking to buy some flooring and have hit up Home Depot, Lowes, Lumber Liquidators, Cost Co, Sams Club. Between price, availability and my wife and I agreeing (that's the hardest one) we haven't found that "perfect" flooring option. Anyone have any other places we should be looking or places to avoid? I am located in Gilbert. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

stay away from lumber liquidators there was a huge expose by 60 minutes on how they manufacture their product in China with way too much formaldehyde and it's causing cancer at a higher rate with their customers

• Like 2

We bought from Monterey Tile and were very happy. Wish I had know about the Imperial CWT hookup. We did ours early this year and opted for a wood pattern tile and upgraded the baseboards as well. It was a nightmare for a while, but glad we did it now. If you need baseboards, check out Discount Door and Trim in Mesa. The same baseboards were about half the price of Home Depot or Lowes.

post-6408-0-58950700-1502204381_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-24579300-1502204385_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-05648100-1502204391_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-75083400-1502204403_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Happy wife, happy life. Let her pick the color.

I installed my entire house full of a really nice, yet rustic, knotty pine laminate about 5 1/2 years ago. I am now installing wood looking tile.....

Laminate is noisy with dogs and shoes. But I love the look of wood floors. My wife wants tile.....so "we" are now doing tile.

Do a high grade laminate. Do NOT go cheap. It will not last. I did cheap at my last house. I did moderate at the new house. It lasted fine for 5 1/2 years of 4 big dogs, kids, me, etc.....until the wife wanted to change it.....

• Like 2

+1 for tile. Any high traffic area will not last with the other. Wood pattern tile and do it once. Very easy to DIY.

• Like 1

I am severely retro.......wood and real wood only......I love the look and I love the sound!!!

You can borrow my saw and anything else you need and then let me know how it goes before I rip out the carpet and tile!

Daisy is gone and so are all the kids so traffic will be..........minimal!!!

Pick the right weekend and I will even come and supervise the grand kids while you do all the work!

• Like 1

We bought from Monterey Tile and were very happy. Wish I had know about the Imperial CWT hookup. We did ours early this year and opted for a wood pattern tile and upgraded the baseboards as well. It was a nightmare for a while, but glad we did it now. If you need baseboards, check out Discount Door and Trim in Mesa. The same baseboards were about half the price of Home Depot or Lowes.

attachicon.gif0303171812a.jpgattachicon.gif0303171812c.jpgattachicon.gif0303171812d.jpgattachicon.gif0303171815a.jpg

That tile looks really good.......my tile skills suck! I put tile in our kitchen 20 years ago and it has cracks, etc......wondering if I could try again with this stuff and do a better job than the first time around!

• Like 1

0303171812a.jpg 0303171812c.jpg 0303171812d.jpg 0303171815a.jpg

Man great looking floor my wife loves the greys. Thanks for the tip on trim!

+1 for tile. Any high traffic area will not last with the other. Wood pattern tile and do it once. Very easy to DIY.

I have seen some looking sweet tile. I am scared to death to do any tile work myself and too cheap to pay someone to do it.

I am severely retro.......wood and real wood only......I love the look and I love the sound!!!

You can borrow my saw and anything else you need and then let me know how it goes before I rip out the carpet and tile!

Daisy is gone and so are all the kids so traffic will be..........minimal!!!

Pick the right weekend and I will even come and supervise the grand kids while you do all the work!

Supervising the grandkids. That is serious help. Be sure you will know when the dust starts to fly!

We did the wood look tile in our house a few months ago as well. I love the way it looks. Floor and decor has good prices.