AZcoues_addict

Another Nice Buck for Dad!

Well, since I've already tagged a deer with my bow this year, I was unable to draw a tag this fall so I was going to go help my father on his coues hunt, but couldn't make it at the last second. Well he came home with another nice buck out of one of our old honeyholes! My father spotted this buck and a doe heading into a thick bedding zone. After a few hour wait, he couldn't wait any longer and wasn't even sure the buck was still in the area or not. He then did some tricky stalking techniques to run him out of his bed, and keeping the high ground. He remembered a very large buck that I chased with my bow a couple years back in the same bedding zone, so he approached with hopes that this buck would retreat in the same path, which he luckily did, and he shot him on the run. I think its his second best (I still need to measure it), and he was very pleased with this buck. The pictures aren't the best for scoring, but he was by himself.

What do you think he'll score? I'll post the measurements in a few days if anyone's interested.

Jason

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Well, since I've already tagged a deer with my bow this year, I was unable to draw a tag this fall so I was going to go help my father on his coues hunt, but couldn't make it at the last second. Well he came home with another nice buck out of one of our old honeyholes! My father spotted this buck and a doe heading into a thick bedding zone. After a few hour wait, he couldn't wait any longer and wasn't even sure the buck was still in the area or not. He then did some tricky stalking techniques to run him out of his bed, and keeping the high ground. He remembered a very large buck that I chased with my bow a couple years back in the same bedding zone, so he approached with hopes that this buck would retreat in the same path, which he luckily did, and he shot him on the run. I think its his second best (I still need to measure it), and he was very pleased with this buck. The pictures aren't the best for scoring, but he was by himself.

What do you think he'll score? I'll post the measurements in a few days if anyone's interested.

Jason

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Nice buck what unit?

That is a standard model 95 inch buck made in the coues factory by ACME. A trophy for sure. Congratulations to your father.

Bob

What a beautiful buck! I love the shape and the long beams! I would have to say he's..........89 3/8" :unsure: although I may be way off 'cause he looks bigger than that, but again, it doesn't matter......gorgeous buck and congrats!!!! JIM>

Magnificent looking buck and big congrats to your dad! I am going to say 92 and please share measurements when you get them it is always good to see how far off i am :ph34r:

Awesome. I love to see that hes willing to get out there alone and give it his all. Nice buck. 96 maybe 97. Nice buck no matter the score.

creed

Gorgeous!! 93 4/8"

beautiful buck. as another said the symmetry really makes it.

im gonna give you a strong 93 and an even bigger congrats on a trophy buck

Alright Jason, what's he score.......how long are them beams?

Whooohoo.......what did I win? How 'bout a day in the creosotes with ya showin' me how to kill big archery Mulies :rolleyes: jk.....best of luck to ya Jason beatin' your last buck this Jan., and congrats again to your pops! Gorgeous buck! JIM>