Edge

Name that gun!

1 hour ago, Edge said:

That's an intentional design called slam fire but you have to keep the trigger depressed. There's Ithaca shotguns made with the slam fire feature also.

The '93 and '97 were great for clearing trenches or defoliating jungles. Just, don't get captured with one.

From what I understand the early Winchester model 12's were the same way. Hold the trigger and shuck away.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Both Cimarron and Norinco.

Cimarron is merely an importer/distributor, not a maker. Most of its stock is made in Italy. As for Norinco, imports into the U.S. were banned years ago. Not sure if that's still the case, tho.

Edit: Uberti makes the majority of  Cimarron's imports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Another easy one.

1009201213~2.jpg

1009201213a~2.jpg

Rem nylon 22Lr

I had 3 growing up. First one was left leaning against the Jeep bumper when we left from a day of plinking. Man was my dad pissed. But Remington replaced it.

The replacement .22 I shot until the mag would no longer stay in a feeding position. Remington replaced it with one that had a tubular magazine.

9 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Way too easy. Remington Nylon 66

Edit: Also came with a black stock

Remington Nylon 66. Came in three colors. Mohawk Brown, Seneca Green, and Apache Black. The 66's fed from a tube in the butt stock. The 77's had a magazine. They had them in a bolt and lever also. The American Riflemen ran an article on them and the prices went through the roof. A real fun gun to shoot!

17 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Remington Nylon 66. Came in three colors. Mohawk Brown, Seneca Green, and Apache Black. The 66's fed from a tube in the butt stock. The 77's had a magazine. They had them in a bolt and lever also. The American Riflemen ran an article on them and the prices went through the roof. A real fun gun to shoot!

I forgot the green stock. They weren't too popular, so they had short life compared to the others. I bought a brown one in 1960 and used it to shoot rats at a dump in NY state, just across the line from NJ. Usually went thru a brick of LRs on each trip. I also had a Marlin Glenfield 60, which I liked better than the 66. The latter felt and sounded kinda tinney to me. I traded the 66 for a Ruger MK 1 semi-auto .22 pistol. 

9 minutes ago, jdown said:

Don't forget the nylon 76 lever butt stock fed. Short throw on the lever like the BL22. Fun gun

Aah yes, the Trailrider and only lever-action ever made by Remington. 

31 minutes ago, Edge said:

1009201240.thumb.jpg.19740bdc46744f9bc6db0460e7ce8da4.jpgAnother easy one? Name that gun!

Anybody?

3 minutes ago, jdown said:

I have a mossberg 410 that looks similar to that... but has a thumb flip safety.. Something along those lines?

Not a Mossberg