Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

cooler air and rain, any bugles yet?

Nothing in 6A this weekend, just a lot of campers that have been at the same spot since the first part of july.

They were bugling pretty good in 4a/4b, went camping with the family. Just in the early evening until early morning about 30 minutes after first light.

Hopefully they are sounding off this weekend in 27 going up to do some more scouting

My friend who lives near bison ranch in Heber says the elk are keeping him up all night. Was near Strawberry this evening and I heard them sounding off around 6:30 pm.

My brother lives 5 miles east of Payson says they are keeping him awake all night and a big 6x was pushing on his gate

I was in 5bs all day Sunday, saw over 100 elk, not 1 herd bull w/ cows. No bugling! Pulled 3 cameras and not one nice bull w/ cows on cameras. Gonna be a great hunt!!!

This weekend ought to shut them up unfortunately

I was thinking the same thing. Haha. With half of the Phoenix metro population up there, I won't be going up for one last scouting trip. Don't want to deal with that circus!

Sooooo....next time I step foot in the elk woods will be at elk camp. Tag in hand and playing for reals!

• Like 1