mruda1

Clothing for a Coues backpack hunt

I have had a 36B December hunt and it started like this.

1st day AZ had a heat wave 95 degrees (what!!!!!)

2nd day Arivaca had a high wind advisory 40 mph winds. On top of the mountain we had 60 mph winds. Our tent look like a spider web of rope to keep it down

3rd day we woke up to rain. It drizzled all day not one min of clear skys

4th day we woke up to snow on the top of the mountains. Hunted that day and I had to go back to work.

Be prepared for anything. Some of the coldest hunts have been down south

Interesting. Sounds like AZ weather... it's always drunk.

NeoAir Xtherm if you have the coin, or a Z-pad if you have the space.

All the Kuiu stuff is online. I would suggest finding someone that has what you are looking for and ask if you can try it on first.

• Like 1

All the Kuiu stuff is online. I would suggest finding someone that has what you are looking for and ask if you can try it on first.

The NeoAir Xtherm is the pad I went with. Sea to summit has a nice one I almost purchased that inflates separately on both sides, but it doesn't have quite as good of an R factor and weighs more.

The kuiu road show semi truck will be in the Phoenix area middle of October, I think. You can try it on and buy. I have some of the kuiu stuff. I'm in Mesa. You can check it out if you want. I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs.

• Like 1

The NeoAir Xtherm is the pad I went with. Sea to summit has a nice one I almost purchased that inflates separately on both sides, but it doesn't have quite as good of an R factor and weighs more.

After some research... the NeoAir looks like the best option. The Sea to summit is over .5 pound heavier.

The kuiu road show semi truck will be in the Phoenix area middle of October, I think. You can try it on and buy. I have some of the kuiu stuff. I'm in Mesa. You can check it out if you want. I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs.

PM Sent

REI is having a big sale starting Friday

• Like 1

If you can wait I'd suggest going to the Kuiu mobile showroom in October.

Any idea where it's gonna be in Phoenix?

Dont forget the extra ammo, you will be in the smugglers main trail. Dont think that Trump will have the wall built by then.

For pants, on the rifle hunt, I usually wear Carhart double front. Not light weight, and you have to be careful to not get them wet, but very durable and catclaw proof.

• Like 1

Dont forget the extra ammo, you will be in the smugglers main trail. Dont think that Trump will have the wall built by then.

Haha that goes without saying!

Save some money and buy prana or Kuhl pants. No need for camo

+1 ... lots of great mountaineering pants out there and have been for years if you don't feel the need for camo..

36C will be hard on softshells though.

Check out the EXPED UL7 pads

I've got pranas going on their fourth season this year. Some minor pilling on the lower legs. Been drug through the worst parts of 22 and 24b. They do not pretect against century plants or cholla as well as carhartts but they also don't weigh a ton or rub you raw. And they are about half the cost of anything first lite, Sitka, or kuiu.

Another budget pant that I buy every time I see are the UB techs from Costco. They are $20 and are 94% nylon and 6% spandex. Super comfortable and are of similar design as pranas and kuhl pants. I have a 1.5 seasons in em and they are holding up well.

post-13407-0-21396800-1503765897_thumb.jpg

• Like 1