Sign in to follow this  
chewy15

Shoot or continue looking

Lots of time to find other bucks and have already Sean a good amount of bucks every scouting trip just curious if you guys think he hits high 70s to low 80s

post-13331-0-09640900-1503460153_thumb.png

post-13331-0-32233100-1503460185_thumb.png

post-13331-0-13172300-1503460241_thumb.png

• Like 1

Mid to low 70s

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way to score this buck with any level of accuracy from these pictures. The top picture seems to show a lot of mass, the others maybe not. Judging goats, angles are critical.

But the heat waves and lack of clarity make it pointless to try and guess.

Here is the best advice I ever got about antelope: You have to be within 100 yards AND use binoculars to accurately judge one. That is 100% gospel truth. And then when you do judge them, mass is everything.

There is a thread titled Early Scouting in here, one of the bucks pictured is pushing 90". Try to guess which one it is. I bet you can't because the pictures aren't close enough or clear enough.

Good luck on the hunt, take time to enjoy it, antelope hunts can be a whirlwind.

• Like 4

If you have the time, wait it out. I noticed last year, most of the hunters where I helped out shot bucks within the first couple days. By Monday we were all by ourselves. Plus they shot the first decent buck they saw. try mounting your phone to a spotting scope for better video or pics you can view later on a bigger screen. David

Ya closest I was able to get without him running and this was through a razor spotting scope with a phone scope but the heat waves were crappy. Thanks for your help

You should only worry about what makes you happy. If you are happy drop the hammer on him if not continue looking. Just enjoy the hunt and don't stress out about a score.

• Like 1

You should only worry about what makes you happy. If you are happy drop the hammer on him if not continue looking. Just enjoy the hunt and don't stress out about a score.

Absolutely Correct.. Enjoy the hunt and learn something about hunting antelope and field judging.. not all units are the same . Who knows if you'll ever draw another tag in Az . Scout hard ,hunt hard enjoy it with your hunting group and Have Fun!

Find the best one or the one you like the most and shoot!

Flat lander is 100% correct and that's exactly what I tell people. Unless a goat takes your breath away when you first see him you have to get super close to score them.

1st picture I was saying shoot last two I said u can do better. 1000% agree with what flatlander said, but I will add that when u see a BIG buck u can just tell the difference.

I have the hole hunt off as well as the full week before my hunt and plan on making the most of this hunt. I have read a lot about judging them and understand mass is what scores high. Like you guys mintioned it isn't just about score it's about finding something I like which I agree with however it's also been said that this could be my only opportunity to ever hunt goats which means I would really like to get a goat that is at least in the high 70s.

if you haven't already done it go to pronghorn guide service web page, cool article on field judging and lots of pictures to look at to give you an idea of what very big bucks look like.