Sign in to follow this  
Healy Arms

Hunts for Heroes Camo Clothing and Outdoor Gear Drive / SATURDAY the 26th

Hunts for Heroes (AZ Elk Society), along with HEALY Arms, will be holding a hunting clothing drive this weekend at Healy Arms in Tempe

At least FIFTY PERCENT of the disabled Arizona military vets that Hunts for Heroes takes out hunting (via Az. G&F's tag transfer program) have never hunted big game. That said, many of these vets are just not adequately prepared when it comes to appropriate clothing and gear needed for their outings.

To overcome this problem, the Arizona Elk Society's Hunts for Heroes program hatched the idea of a "Camo Closet". A program to gather up donations new or lightly used camouflage and cold weather clothing that folks have at home that is not getting used. We'd be looking for camouflage clothing, hunting boots (insulated or not), gloves, knit hats, plus cold weather clothing that could be worn under leafy wear/ghillie suits. We need camping and hunting gear too! No Donation is too small - everything matters.

When: Saturday, Aug. 26 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Mark has okayed extra Thurs, Friday & Sunday Aug. 24/25/27 drop-off for those who can't make it Saturday the 26th)

Where: Healy Arms / 1809 E. Baseline Rd., Tempe, Az. 85283 (SE corner McClintock/Baseline, 1/2 mile south of Superstition Fwy)

Thanks, everybody --- we'll see you at Healy's

Tom Wagner / AZ Elk Society
Cell: (480)760-3868

vNI7d8q.png

• Like 3

Mark didn't see that I'd posted this to CWT last Friday --- better to have 2 heads-up than none, right?

I realize many of you may be out of town as this weekend is the archery deer opener. Keep your eyes open early next week --- we'll figure a way for you help out as well!

• Like 2

Mark didn't see that I'd posted this to CWT last Friday --- better to have 2 heads-up than none, right?

I realize many of you may be out of town as this weekend is the archery deer opener. Keep your eyes open early next week --- we'll figure a way for you help out as well!

Sorry for the double post - I must have missed the one Tom put up. But yes - two heads-up for a good cause is A-Okay.

We've been getting busy with the hunting seasons approaching. I want to get as many donations as possible rounded up early - hoping for a good turnout.

• Like 1

Today's the day --- see you there!

A big shout-out to those CWTers who made the effort to make it to Healy Arms in Tempe yesterday with their camo and hunting clothes donations (you know who you are)!!! A great start to an ongoing project --- a variety of items, all in great condition. Sal ... ute!!!

Many of the disabled vets hunting with Hunts for Heroes have never hunted big game before and aren't adequately prepared to go out in the field in Arizona. These donations will help make their hunting experiences positive ones.

NOTE: A few participating Hunts for Heroes vets will be at Bass Pro THIS Tuesday, Aug.29, from 3-8 pm. --- a neat chance to meet vets who've actually been in the field with Hunts for Heroes, AND find a place for your hunting stuff taking up room at home. If you missed yesterday's opportunity to donate camo clothing, boots, cold weather gear, and hunting accessories you're not using, you can still get involved with our Camo Closet --- all you have to do is ... do it!

Thanks again to Mark Healy and Healy Arms for your continued support!

• Like 2