About to start reloading with my new 300 RUM. Have enough brass and have always shot Nosler bullets through my other rifles. It absolutely hated the factory nosler ammo where best group was just over 2" with the 165 partitions and don't even want to say what the 180 accubonds did.

It likes the barnes factory ammo and shoots those right at MOA and will use those through this hunting season.

Was just wondering if anyone here has found a good load with any of the Nosler bullets so I have something of a starting point for it? Right now I'm planning on going off the best loads in the manual. Any tips are appreciated.

Does it HAVE to be a Nosler bullet?

So many other bullets I would look at for the .300RUM. And I would not even consider a bullet lighter than 180, but my personal tastes lean towards 210/215/230 offerings.

• Like 1

In my opinion 165 gr bullets are a little light for the round, I use bullets in the 180 to 210 range. I strongly recommend you try retumbo for powder. I use the following charges (+ or - for load tuning) for these bullet weights. 100 gr for 180 gr bullet, 97 for 190 gr bullet, 91 gr for 210 gr bullet. Some barrels simply do not like certain bullets. I am in the process of re-barreling my .300 and have no reason to expect the load I was using will work as well in the new barrel. You should be able to buy the Barnes bullets that you get 1 MOA from and load them yourself. You might also try some bullets from different manufactures like Berger or Hornady and see if that improves grouping. What brand is the rifle?

Try 210 grain Bergers. Even 300 RUM I have shot them through loves them.

I shoot the 210 Bergers with 91 grains of Retumbo. Shoots under 1/2 MOA.

• Like 1

Had decent results from the 200gr accubond & Retumbo,Nosler brass,and Fed 215 M. Just a fuzz over 1/2 moa and 3250 fps.

Not a 300 Rum, but my 300 win mag shoots the Hornady 208gr ELD-M bullets sub-moa with H1000.

Like everyone else has said. 190+ gr is where it is at with these bigger 30 caliber rounds.

• Like 1

Does not have to be a nosler bullet. I was looking at the 210 accubond long rang and the 212 eldx. Seeing you guys are having good loads with retumbo is definitely different than what the manuals are saying. Appreciate that alot. It is the Remington 700 LR.

Just out of curiosity what is your guys' overall length on the reload?

Over the years I've heard of probably hundreds of guys that shoot 210 berger with 90-92 grains of Retumbo. Seems to be a very good load for most factory and custom rifles.

I would also look at 215/230 gr if it was me.

I load around 3.790 COAL which feeds through a Wyatt's MBE 3 extended mag. Does your gun happen to have the x mark Pro Factory adjustable trigger? A couple of my rifles came with them and my opinion they are a terrible trigger. I replaced them with a jewel and a timney and accuracy improved.

I load around 3.790 COAL which feeds through a Wyatt's MBE 3 extended mag. Does your gun happen to have the x mark Pro Factory adjustable trigger? A couple of my rifles came with them and my opinion they are a terrible trigger. I replaced them with a jewel and a timney and accuracy improved.

Replaced with a timney

I have a bone stock left handed Rem 700 CDL. It didn't seem to like anything lighter then 200 Gr. Unlike almost everyone else my rifle wouldn't shoot well with Retumbo. It likes the 200 Gr Nosler Accubond over a max book dose of IMR 7828, seated to just fit in the factory magazine.