Sign in to follow this  
eastvalleyjerry

First Post

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time posting. I am always entertained by the banter and amazing animals you guys post on here. I figured it was time for me give back a little and at least start putting some pictures up. I got this little deer the last day of December 2016 so i was not being picky. Spotted him going over a hill made a good stock that gave me nice 50 yd shot.

I didn't get drawn for anything this year as usual so i will be heading up this weekend for a little more archery action. I hope everyone has a great year and good weekend if you are going out. I will get some more pictures up eventually but i figured start with my smallest animal and then let them get bigger and bigger.

Best Regards,

Ethan

post-15799-0-32660400-1503587499.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a good shot did that get into the shoulder blade or just miss it? Just curious if it got into bone at all what arrow set up you use? Welcome to CWT

Thanks Guys,

I was using a maxima 350 carbon express with a fixed 3 blade muzzy and yes it went right through the shoulder blade and passed all the way through on the other side.

This was my third archery deer shot a nice 4x3 and 2x2 before this little guy, sorry wasn't too clear on that. I will get more pictures up eventually, don't have any on my new phone. I also shot the elk in my avatar with my bow.

Always one guy that has to make the spike comment

Its the only way you can start to feel good about your spike!!! He didn't shoot him for horns, but some really good tasting meat!! I bet there is still mothers milk pumping through that meat (tasty good)

To his defense i did have to whip out the 15x56's at 100 yards to make sure it had antlers :lol: . It also helped that he was by himself. Probably the best tasting meat that i have ever had.

• Like 1

Nice buck btw Jerry. Welcome to the site. Hopefully you have more pics to share soon. Gotta have thick skin on this forum just a heads up, but always tons of guys on here that appreciate seeing pics of dead deer, even the last day spikes. keep it up.