Sign in to follow this  
huntjunkie

AxisWorks 6.5 SS Custom Rifle Build

Eric owner of AxisWorks called me earlier in the year and asked if I was ready to build a custom light weight "back country" rifle. I have been lugging around a 12lb rifle he helped me build a few years back. I asked what he had in mind. He suggested I build a 6.5 SS (Sherman Short) on a Defiance action. I agreed. Last week he called me and said my rifle was finished. It was Christmas in August! Stopped by his shop and picked it up. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! It's flawless! Eric is a perfectionist! Took it out to the range the day after picking it up and it's the smoothest shooting rifle I have ever shot. The target picture is a 5 shot group at 100 yrds fire forming brass.

If your considering doing a rifle build I would highly recommend giving Eric a call!

AxisWorks is also a sponsor of CWT. AWESOME work Eric! Looking forward to the next build.

post-5179-0-61639300-1503701023_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-22229000-1503701236_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I had a chance to check out the action when I picked up a bolt. He did not have it barreled yet. That is one sweet action. The finished rifle looks real sharp.

• Like 1

Good looking gun!! and what Predator said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful gun Stan! Eric builds smazing guns!!! I can't wait to see how well it does after fire forming.

• Like 1

9.4 lbs with scope

Defiance Deviant Tactical Action, Benchmark #3 fluted 26" barrel, APA Micro Bastard Brake, Timney Calvin Elite Trigger, McMillan Hunter stock, finished off with Grafite black Cerakote, Hawkin Precision rings, and a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NSX scope.