Coues assassin

Need help tracking buck in southern az. (Hounds)

Shot a really nice buck this morning just a little high. Blood was great for the first few hundred yards then went dry. Does anyone know of someone in southern az with dogs that could help us track him?

post-11647-0-57973500-1503883001_thumb.png

post-11647-0-94135100-1503883040_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-14795100-1503883058_thumb.jpg

You can use a GPS to help conduct a radial grid search. Lock the unit on his last verifiable position. Move ahead, in an angle to his direction of travel. At a distance that allows good visual coverage back to his last position and a ways ahead walk in a arc that crosses his path using the GPS to hold a relatively constant distance off his last known position. When you feel you have gone far enough across his projected path move farther away from his last known position and repeat the process.

• Like 1

Dang, thats a pretty good amount of blood. He's gotta be around there somewhere. What day/time you heading out?

Spent two complete days so far looking. Won't have time again until next weekend. Managed to track him onto some private land and got permission to continue the search

• Like 2

Spent two complete days so far looking. Won't have time again until next weekend. Managed to track him onto some private land and got permission to continue the search

I get out of work early saturday morning (around 9:30am or so). Let me know when you head out. I should be good to head out and help track...

-Vincent

I don't have any dogs but if you shot him some what close to Sierra Vista I can help track and glass for a few hours late morning if you need it. I've been in your situation a time or two and it sucks a big one. Good luck hope you find him.

Horns in velvet, and hot days, what's really left to salvage , sorry just saying

Horns in velvet, and hot days, what's really left to salvage , sorry just saying

Uhhhh, the horns. IF he's been dead the whole time.

To the OP, good luck man. Hope you find him.