CouesFanatic

Do bears affect coues

I'm sitting a stand for coues and today is turned into bear land. I saw a immature youngin, a big black boar and a cinnamon sow with two cubs all in a small canyon that I am hunting for coues. Will the coues move if these bears all moved in?

It was pretty fun to watch them up close. The sow went up a tree and shook the acorns all down. Then the went back down and ate them off the ground.

I have observed coues and bears inhabiting the same canyon on a number of occasions. Sometimes both were in my sight at the same time. they don't seem to disappear just because a bear is in the general area. I would not expect them to come running right over to where the bear was.

• Like 1

What a special treat to watch bears doing their thing. We have deer around the house nearly every day. The odd days (or parts of the day) when we see no deer, its almost guaranteed that the javelinas or bears show themselves in the neighborhood. I don't think the deer move far, but they certainly don't move much.

• Like 1

I'm sitting a stand for coues and today is turned into bear land. I saw a immature youngin, a big black boar and a cinnamon sow with two cubs all in a small canyon that I am hunting for coues. Will the coues move if these bears all moved in?

It was pretty fun to watch them up close. The sow went up a tree and shook the acorns all down. Then the went back down and ate them off the ground.

I'm wondering why the big black boar isn't dead? Is it because he's black? Racist . .
  • Like 2

Two years ago on the San Carlos res I was bear hunting and watched a bear kill a fawn with ease. Later I saw a post on Facebook where someone shot a bear while it was eating a baby fawn. After this experience I am convinced bear hammer the deer population, especially the fawns because they are easy pickings. With that said, I have certainly seen whitetail and bears in the same canyon but generally speaking I do not see a lot of deer in bear country.

• Like 3

A couple weeks ago I watched a bear bust a coues doe out of her bed. Seemed like he was hunting her. He ran after her for no more than 50 yards and gave up.

If you don't want to shoot the bear you can just tell me where he is and I will take care of it for you haha! I shot a buck last year that was with roughly 10 other deer not 100 yards from a feeding bear.

Guest akaspecials

There are at least 4 bears, 2 lions, and 15 deer that I know of using 2 miles of my canyon right now. The deer disappeared from one water hole when the lion showed up, but the bear haven't seemed to bother them at all.