Sign in to follow this  
Original born to hunt

Got a call from Game and Fish last Monday Aug 21st I'm going elk hunting in 5bs

Hello everyone I originally had account on CouesWhitetail and was not able to login anymore you can look me up as born to hunt i have a picture on the Avatar of my son holding some quail. But just like the topic says I got a call from game and fish last Monday saying that I was next in line for a elk tag and the first thing I thought was that my cousin was playing a joke on me, but it was for real somebody had give up their tag for 5bs early archery bull and she asked if I wanted it and I'm pretty sure I said yes before she even finish asking me I had only 24 days to start getting ready. So within this last week got some more Easton injection arrows and some broadheads qad exodus and some cow calls I had everything else, but I'm not on here to ask for people's spots, unless they want to give me some to check out. I just want to know what should I pass on the first two days of the hunt and how will hunting pressure be and any advice you can give me about the unit would be greatly appreciated thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you vary much I hate to say this but none at all. I thought if i had got the tag I would have months to prepare but unfortunately I don't I will be up there scouting this weekend I'm going to put up some cameras and try to find a water hole for a treestand.

I have taken 5 elk out of 5BS archery. You don't have much time to get ready .Call me. 480-993-5507 Lee. I'm out hunting deer and turkey this week, leave a message and I will call back in the evening.

• Like 1

I was about to say the same thing. You better buy that guy a 6 pack of his choosing.

I would buy someone a 6 pack of kegs for that tag.

• Like 3