rstahl

Buck of a lifetime!!

Just an awesome buck......even without the fantastic webbing he is awesome. The mule deer genes in that area are also exceptional. Must be something in the water!

Was wondering when that buck would make it on here. Wes is my cousin. Great buck, and an incredible story. He and his Dad get it done on huge animals very low key every year. Couple of real ranchers and cowboys. It's been scored. Should crush the current WR, depending on whether or not he strips the velvet. Probably the biggest archery coues ever killed either way.

Have they been watching him prior to the hunt or did they just find him while hunting?

Huge congrats! Thanks for sharing and love to hear the story!

Initial score puts him well over the current WR. The velvet will have to be stripped, which i think they are going to do. Going to be difficult for the officials to determine the exact typical frame as this will determine where the mass measurements are which will have a big impact on the score. Unbelievable buck. Wes worked harder at killing this buck than most would, even knowing his size.

What an incredible Coues, I am jealous as I have ever been. That bucks is just plain cool!