Sign in to follow this  
awatson

3A/3C Cold Storage/Processor

My wife and kids got some cow tags at end of October for 3A/3C. Are there any processors that set up cold storage in the area, like they do at Clints Well in 5A?

I always process my own, but I think it's well worth the daily fee to hang it in a walk-in

We have used Miller's Southwest on two of our animals and have no complaints other than having to go to Quenn Creek to get our meat. No delivery to Yuma but the convenience of them being right there in Forest Lakes makes it worth it for us.

As other have said, Millers in Forest Lake is probably your best bet and they are just a couple of miles out of the unit.

Not the answer you were looking for, but since I started doing my own meat a few years ago, I started taking oversized Igloo coolers and lining the bottom with frozen 2 liter soda bottles with a few extra for on top of the meat. It has worked great for cooling the meat and doesn't get it wet as the ice melts. I can get right around four elk quarters in one cooler.

Just these ones in the link below. I probably should have specified cow elk quarters. Probably wouldn't fit a big bull unless it was boned out. You could buy blocks of ice if you don't have any 2 liter soda bottles, or will be out for a while and the bottles get too melted. But you have to be careful of the melting ice. We've used this method (2 liter bottles) with my son's cow elk each season for the past two years, and also brought 2 antelope bucks with capes home in one cooler from Wyoming a couple of years ago. Worked great each time. Just rotate the meat every so often.

Costco usually has them every spring, but I think you can find them most everywhere.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Igloo-49144-MaxCold-Cooler%2C-165-qt.product.100191077.html

Depending on which side of the unit you are hunting, there are a couple of them in lakeside and wagon wheel. Also one or two in Taylor. If you cant find numbers, let me know and i will get them for you.