Sign in to follow this  
bigsky2

Unit 10 Horn Growth

I'm heading to unit 10 for my dad's archery elk hunt in a few weeks. Has anyone been out in the unit to see how the horns are looking this year? How about neighboring units?

I have seen some bulls from 6A, 7W, and 10 that all looked great. But even on average years, there will be bulls that dwarf others. So it is hard to judge a population by the biggest bulls.

But having a tag means you are already ahead of the game!

• Like 1

Seeing some great bulls still in velvet! I think the wetter winter/spring has made an impact, not to mention the monsoon season.

Good luck, post us some pics when you guys connect.

Www.muleybulloutfitters.com

This might grind your gears a little bit but my bro just got his first bow ever a week and a half ago and has never shot a bow before. I took him a month ago to Cabela's he even got measured and looked at a bow there. Instead he walked out with cotton candy and popcorn couldn't believe it.

Luck of the draw! This may be hard to believe but I haven't won the lottery either. Weird??? I have only had one 10 tag even tho its always my first choice but i met several people there that drew the early archery with zero points.

Did i mention i love the unit though! Haven't been over there this year but there are always some mouth dropper bulls. Can be hard to hunt but worth it for sure.

This might grind your gears a little bit but my bro just got his first bow ever a week and a half ago and has never shot a bow before. I took him a month ago to Cabela's he even got measured and looked at a bow there. Instead he walked out with cotton candy and popcorn couldn't believe it.

Then WHY did he put in for an archery elk hunt???!! He will not be proficient with a bow in 3 and a half weeks time! Tell him to stay home so he won't go and wound an animal(s) !

• Like 5

Your brother should turn that tag back in, he is not ready & hopefully he doesnt wound an animal!!!!

• Like 2

I wouldn't want to admit that to anyone much less on this site.
  • Like 2

He'll be alright

• Like 1