Sign in to follow this  
sidwynder505

24-A Monster Bear!

This last weekend my buddy's and me where up in the Pinals hunting for Bear when my buddy Big John Felix glassed up this big bear coming up the ridge!...He thought it was one of those black cows we have been seeing everywhere!..when i saw this bear coming our way i knew he was big John got his rifle ready and at 234 yards put it right in the pumper!

as we got closer to the down bear he kept growing and growing!!!...no ground shrinkage here!..WOW awesome bear!..after he checked him in with the Game & Fish they said he was a giant and a older bear around 16+ years old but after they pulled the the per-moller they will get an official age!..My buddy is 6'5" inches tall and weights 320 pounds so when you look at the bear on his back!!...well you can see for your self's! ...just want to give him a shout out for his first bear!..and man what a big one!....oh the pack out was brutal!..it was hot bugs eating us up and took half a day to get the meet out and the head and skin to the truck! :D

post-8810-0-20921300-1504188786_thumb.jpg

post-8810-0-73393400-1504188807_thumb.jpeg

post-8810-0-70234800-1504188825_thumb.jpg

post-8810-0-99600200-1504188848_thumb.jpg

post-8810-0-32572700-1504188873_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

Nice!! Awesome bear!

• Like 1

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!! Can I be your best friend and have you show me your bear spots;) Huge congratulations!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wow! Congrats on a great looking bear!

Wow!!!! Huge bear, that second pic shows his head really good

• Like 2

Thanks guys!.....sometimes when the sun is cooking our brains out and the bugs are feasting on our body's....and nothing is moving out there!!...and the solunar table tells you to stay home because its a crappie day!...you ask your self why do i hunt in August for Bears?...THAT'S WAY!!!...and we will do it every year!... :D

• Like 4

Wow congrats guys

Great bear. I have hunted that mountain all my life and the bears are there. I have seen bigger but never got the chance to put a bullet in one up there. It's a great place that's for dam sure... congrats on a monster bear.

The problem with shooting a big bear? You have to carry it out. It's amazing how heavy a head & hide can be. That one must have been brutal.