bigorange

Documenting/tracking firearm inventory records

I've thought about this before, but never asked...how do folks keep track of serial numbers and other documentation for insurance purposes? I've used handwritten lists and spreadsheets, but wondering if there's an app or a better way that includes photos or other info. Not just for firearms...I suppose for electronics and anything else valuable.

I use Excel and add pictures for each. Save to the cloud and also worked a deal with friends and family. We all keep files for each other in case of robbery.

• Like 2

Pics and serial numbers. Then keep that backed up on a hard drive and in Google cloud.

I have pictures and serial numbers on three jump drives as well as printed copies minus the pictures. Dad and brothers have copies.

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Catalog in a hand written file,w/ description/ID'ing marks, photo's/date, price paid/where, actual worth/market value, location in dwelling...

Original list kept at home, another copy of catalog kept in bank SD box and up-dated as needed...

Have done this with indian artifacts/antiques, insurance comps love these lists...

Catalog in a hand written file,w/ description/ID'ing marks, photo's/date, price paid/where, actual worth/market value, location in dwelling...

Original list kept at home, another copy of catalog kept in bank SD box and up-dated as needed...

Have done this with indian artifacts/antiques, insurance comps love these lists...

I never record what I paid for the guns, just what I told my wife I paid!

• Like 1