ajohunter

Bow recomendations

First of all what do you like in a bow? grip style, draw cycle, ATA length, dual cam, solo cam, solid back wall, etc. Many of the the above response state to get the one that "fits" you. And I could not agree more. Not only does it need to fit you it needs to feel comfortable for you to draw, hold and shoot. Some bows have a soft, squishy backwall, large blocky grips, cams that eat servings, slower than advertised speeds, have to buy a new cam to change draw lengths, etc. (CATCH US IF YOU CAN")! I used to shoot hoyt for years. Then got on the mathews band wagon, until I found BOWTECH, "REFUSE TO FOLLOW". I fell in love with the ALLEGIANCE. It has easy adjustability in draw cycles, draw lengths, back wall positions, doesn't tear up your serving. It also has speed! These are all things that helped make the bow comfortable to ME. GOOD LUCK I would recommend you go to a shop that has several different styles and shoot them with your eyes closed from about 10 feet. Then use your favorite one to compare the others to.

Guest 300ultramag.

Yeah shoot as many Bows as u can

than go buy a 300 ultramag.

i like the genesis w/ open sights it is a secret bow @ Sportsmans ask about it!

U will be AMAZED!

I second BML's comments. Blake got it right, you need to shoot the right bow for you. I feel that it is extremely important that archers have confidence and enthusiam in their bow, meaning they want to shoot often and practice more, and are confident in it! For this reason, you need the right bow that you feel comfortable in; if you want to practice then you will and you'll enjoy doing more than in the past.

I'd look at Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtechs, maybe PSE and maybe a few others (not really a fan of Parker). I'd first narrow it down to try and shoot the top 2+ models for each manufacturer, then probably make my decision. You might have to go to mulitple archery shops to shoot all these models. You'll be able to quickly eliminate 75% of the bows after a couple shots.

I still love my hoyt, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't feel the same way about the bow.

Also, Younghunter you're right about Hoyt's being a little heavier than the competition, but I believe its at most one pound and in most cases less! Mass can help stabilization and durability (so the limbs don't explode - yes I know a guy that has had several sets of bowtech limbs!, so mass isn't all that negative if in the right places. If you'd build up those arms of yours :P then weight wouldn't be such a concern, weight is about last on my list. Speed, vibration, and noise are my top 3.

Two words : ARCHERY RESEARCH. The company is a division of PSE. I shoot an AR 34. Quick, quiet, forgiving. Everyone is right, go to a proshop and shoot some... Start with an upper end bow...otherwise you will be shopping again after a season or two.

Two words : ARCHERY RESEARCH. The company is a division of PSE. I shoot an AR 34. Quick, quiet, forgiving. Everyone is right, go to a proshop and shoot some... Start with an upper end bow...otherwise you will be shopping again after a season or two.

DOH! How could I forget AR??? Yes very good bow, excellent option for consideration.

Bow-Tech. They take the " ARCH OUT OF ARCHERY " , If money is no option look at their new 2008 101st infantry bow. Awesome numbers with a forgiving 7.25 brace height, but shoot them all and start learning alot about arrow weight and everything else involved with equipment that goes into a great set-up.Leave no stone un-turned and you will be happy with whatever you get.Until next years models come out.

Yeah shoot as many Bows as u can

than go buy a 300 ultramag.

i like the genesis w/ open sights it is a secret bow @ Sportsmans ask about it!

U will be AMAZED!

Haha I already own a 300 ultra mag! But I like your way of thinking! I have it narrowd down to Bowtech or AR. Now its all about which one feels best.....Thanks for all the positive input everyone! :D

I know you said that you are not worried about cost but I will probably buy my next bow from the classifieds on archerytalk.com. There are lots of people selling there one year old bows for half of retail over there if you know what you are looking for and are patient.

Good luck, let us know what you get

The most important consideration in buying a bow is what support you wil be able to get after you buy it.

Moral to the story, go with who will give you or how you can get support in your area.

After shooting around 30 different bows in the last 30 years, the PSE X-FORCE is the best factory made hunting bow I have ever shot and is the perfect bow for hunting in Arizona. The draw cycle on the cam is a dream come true. The support for the bow in this area is professional and exceptional.

I bet if Bownut shot one he would have to be a closet X-FORCE man :)

I think I have found my next bow! Im seriously considering the Diamond Black Ice by Bowtech. Just want to shoot it a bit more before I buy it. I love my Parker Force Multiplier, it has been through many seasons and kills but its time to retire it.

To be brutally honest you will not find much difference between the manufacturers of the top line equipment.

Not sure I agree with this there is a difference between 2 bows from the same manufacture. And even more difference from one manufacture to another.

For example Mathews Hoyt and Bowtech all have different cams not one pulls like the other. And a huge one for me is the grips and there feel. All of them are different.

I would go shoot some bows then get on ebay and see what you can find.

Does the manufacture still cover these bows under there warranty? I know bowtech keeps very good track as to the retailer that sells there bows with serial # and they ask for it when doing any warranty work at the retailer.

jnobleinaz

Please do not take any of this the wrong way. Just trying to help. :P

I bought my brothers and mine from a dealer that sent our warranty cards with them. I have a tribute and my bro has the allegiance. The one thing I like about the new bows are the shorter axle to axle measurements. It makes it a lot easier to move around bushes and tree limbs. I dont take any offense but I just think whatever you think feels good you should check ebay. And for the savings I could buy 2 bows for the price of 1 new one.

I have had 4 Hoyts in the last 3 years and their service and support sucks.

Come on now dave all 4 of your Hoyt's needed service and or support. :blink: There must have been somthing you liked about the first one to buy 3 more. Just pulling your chain! :P

I bet if Bownut shot one he would have to be a closet X-FORCE man :)

Thats not going to happen!! :lol:

These kind of threads are great! It just goes to prove what a lot of us have said shoot the bow thats best for you. As we all can see from all the replies everyone is different!

What ever brand you shoot just shoot them well boys.

By the way my Chevy is much better than your Fords or Dodges!!!!LOL!!!! :P

There must have been somthing you liked about the first one to buy 3 more. Just pulling your chain! :P

Just stirring things up a little :lol: I will try to be a good boy now.

Everyone has their opinion. I shoot the Buckmaster G2SL and love it. But I also feel comfortable shooting it. Thats important. Its quiet, compact, and fast. Shot my first archery coues with that bow in '04 @ 48yds. Jennings makes a great bow for the buck. But try many out, as many as you can. Be choosing and what fits you is a must. Ask questions, for opinions and advise, it never hurts.