Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

First bear and he's Giant! Added video

So this is the bear that Blake fraudulently reported as having been killed in 23S to avoid explaining why he used a firearm during an archery only hunt in 23N? 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 11:29 PM, bonecollector777 said:
On 8/31/2017 at 10:49 PM, trphyhntr said:

Every time you kill something it's giant

Shedhunter should be pleased with me that this time I wasn't close to a road atleast.

Or the unit it was reported in. Lololol 

• Like 1

Giant bear...giant muley...blah blah.  

Great hunter!  

Hahahahahahhaa nobull will be by shortly 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jcubed said:

Giant bear...giant muley...blah blah.  

Great hunter!  

Hahahahahahhaa nobull will be by shortly 

It gets better every time.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 4:05 PM, bonecollector777 said:

Had a heck of a hunt yesterday and killed my first bear! And he's HUGE! This bear has been chased many times in the past and he's so big he just doesn't care the dogs are even there as you can see from the video. He's killed and hurt a few other dogs as well. Somewhat long story short this big guy took the dogs 15 or so miles through some of the nastiest canyons out there, it was super hot, but the dogs never gave up. We first got him in a big canyon sitting down so we waited to see if he'd tree and he never would so we decided to try and sneak in and shoot him. It was so thick I wasn't able to get a shot with my bow so ended up going into thick brush with a .44 mag pistol. He was 15 feet from me but it was so thick I didn't have a shot. He smelled me and busted out of there and didn't stop for 2 miles. He finally got tired again and sat down. Hiked out of the canyon back to the truck found some roads that got us close and hiked down into an even bigger canyon. When we finally got to him he had sat down in a big thicket not giving me a shot with the bow once again. He started getting a little worked up growling and acting like he wanted to get some dogs so we moved quick and once again had to crawl in to get a shot with a pistol. Ended up taking him from about 10 yards with one shot to the head to make sure he didn't charge us or start getting dogs. And that was that. He's one of the biggest bears Hunter has caught with the dogs and a quick measurement nose to tail was 7'4" estimated 400 pounds right now which would put him 450+ in November. Don't know the skull measurements but should be Boone and Crockett for sure. Didn't end up killing him til 3 pm and had several hours of packing in and out of a huge canyon so didn't make it back to the truck til after dark. Toughest packout I've ever done. But at the end of the day was all worth it! Love the coloring and the size of this guy. Thanks again Hunter DeWitt! Feed your dogs some tbones tonight for the work they did ;) didn't get the best field pics because we couldn't move him and we had to hurry and get him out. Had a friend edit some of the pics to get rid of some blood. Added some video. Let me know if they work.

https://youtu.be/hilFDoJ9HO4

https://youtu.be/7Me418_RGc4

post-8945-0-59056100-1504220395_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-38107200-1504220409_thumb.jpeg

post-8945-0-99139100-1504220425_thumb.jpeg

post-8945-0-12579700-1504220433_thumb.jpeg

post-8945-0-49385400-1504220470_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-11527900-1504220483_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-83609800-1504220496_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-20056100-1504220538_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-87029200-1504220550_thumb.jpg

And now it’s 2020!

3 hours ago, 50Caliber said:

done good always good to nail a big one and that hide will look nice when tanned right.

P.S.

have horse easy pack-out

Your a lot behind 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly am surprised the guy didn’t kill bigger stuff then he did.  He essentially had an all species stack of self prescribed governor tags.  If AZ offered a raffle for 365day seasons one of every species in the state and I won it and could do it legally you bet I’d pile up some seriously big sh1t.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I honestly am surprised the guy didn’t kill bigger stuff then he did.  He essentially had an all species stack of self prescribed governor tags.  If AZ offered a raffle for 365day seasons one of every species in the state and I won it and could do it legally you bet I’d pile up some seriously big sh1t.  

It is easy when you have free range and no competition.

Can we move on from this looser and his family, lot of more important things going on..

• Like 2