Sign in to follow this  
mfernaz

Swarovski spotting scopes

Looking to upgrade to a swaro spotting scope, my question, if you guys wouldn't mind clearing up, but what are the difference between ATS/ATX/STS/STX/STD, and whatever other models there are. I obviously know the X models have the higher end eye pieces, but glass quality wise between them. Hopefully my question is clear, any advice on knowledge toward these spotters will be greatly appreciated.

The ATS/STS is a standard style spotting scope, meaning the body determines whether it is straight or angled and once you own that body you are pretty much stuck with that portion unless you purchase a whole new scope. The ATS/STS HD spotters have good glass in them but it is not Swaros top end glass.

The ATX/STX Modular spotting scopes are Swaros brand new system. On these, the eyepiece determines whether it is a straight or angled spotter. Once the eyepiece is purchased you can choose a 65, 85, or 95 body to attach to it. These spotter do use Swaros top end glass just like their EL line of binos. Swaro also had to redesign in some ways the way they measure optical clarity with these scopes because they are of such high quality. The best part about the Modular series is they are actually usable through their entire power range, meaning on the 95 at 70 power it is just as clear as it is at 30.

If it were me I would not buy any other spotter than the modular system. The accessories coming out for it like the BTX and the M.E. 1.7 make it the most versatile system available.

I hope this helps,

Jake

• Like 2

Just going through these forums bored and if you were still wondering. I just got the stx with the 65mm objective. I’ve looked through the 80mm hd ats model as well. The stx/atx is with out a doubt the clearer and brighter glass. It’s well worth the money. It is so clear it’s un real. Usually in a spotter it gets less clear as you increase the magnification. That is not the case with the stx/atx. It stays clear from edge to edge. The field flattener they put in the EL Bino and the ATX/STX is un real. 

• Like 1