Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Last minute advice...

Is 3 pairs of boots too many?

nope, The Warden got me 2 pairs today. last year I went through 2 pair of tennis shoes in the 1st 4 days and a old pair of boots. Kid had me hunting in the rocky crap. feet just quit hunting a month ago i messed them up pretty good.

and before you say it tennis shoes are much more quieter thats why I wear them ;)

Make sure you have a portable propane Lantern in case you have to break down an animal out in the field at night

you bring a propane lantern in your pack?

My thoughts exactly.

Unless he is 400", then cap that sucker and get the cape to the taxi!

My tip is, you can never have too many frozen water bottles in coolers back at the truck to keep that meat and cape cold!

Make sure you have a portable propane Lantern in case you have to break down an animal out in the field at night

My thoughts exactly.

I'm rather confused as to how the two of you drew the conclusion the lantern is intended to be carried in a pack. By the time you crammed in all the previously mentioned items, target, multiple sets of boots and sneakers, water proofing spray, gators, a big breakfast, multiple rolls of toilet paper and even a pound of enjoyment in there simply wouldn't be room left for the lantern. It is a handy item to have back at the vehicle if you need to spend hours in the dark boning out an elk. ;)

My thoughts exactly.

I'm rather confused as to how the two of you drew the conclusion the lantern is intended to be carried in a pack. By the time you crammed in all the previously mentioned items, target, multiple sets of boots and sneakers, water proofing spray, gators, a big breakfast, multiple rolls of toilet paper and even a pound of enjoyment in there simply wouldn't be room left for the lantern. It is a handy item to have back at the vehicle if you need to spend hours in the dark boning out an elk. ;)

You're gonna chase Elk for miles, kill one, then walk back to your truck for a lantern then back out to the kill? I'll stick with a small flashlight

My thoughts exactly.

That "pound" of enjoyment is the only necessity I see on that list
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

That "pound" of enjoyment is the only necessity I see on that list

Lmfao! Word.