Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

3 for 3

Life tried just about everything to cut into this hunting trip between school, work, and my wife and i buying our first condo. I worked my tail of and was able to get out opening weekend with my brother and dad. Like many of you I saw plenty of other hunters, which was uncommon of this area, and wished had seen more bucks. I did see two lions opening morning. I've thought I would start buying lion tags for such occations but hadn't done it yet. I learned. :)

I shot mine the evening of the second day at 400 yards and hit the heart. I have a little more confidence in my rife now and my ability to shoot it, bad thing is it will be harder to convince my wife that i need a new scope, which I've planning on getting. I was hopeing for someing bigger but after not seeing much i thought I would turn our luck around and get us started. You can see that he damaged one of his spicks while in velvet. it took my brother and I 5 hours to get him back to the truck, I had to go and shoot him in the nastiest country in the area. The next morning we slept in but hunted in the evening. My brother and I spotted a fork and were chasing it but some hikers ran him off. While stalking the fork though we herd my dad shot and it turned out that his shot, which conected on a 2X3, jumped some other bucks that ran up the draw strait to my brother and I. we saw three bucks, a spike, what I thought was a fork, and a nice 3X3 that just would not come out of a little draw with only 2 more minutes of light left so my brother shot the "forkie". He ended up being a decent little 3X3 minus one brow-tine. Had a great time hunting with the fam. and now thanks to my dad I have a good idea were those bucks go when they have a little hunting pressure. Just glad i could fill our tags in this bussy time in life and help my dad and brother get a new personal best.

Well, here is my Buck

My dad's and Brother's bucks

Great job with the family on 3 bucks, Congrats! Thanks for sharing your family's success.

Is that a leftover tag unit? Those ridges look very familiar!

Nope, I wish it was a leftover tag unit.

Unit 33

Hey guys, congratulations on your 3 for 3. I was one of the guys to watch you shoot your spike! The guys with the other White F150. It was nice meeting you guys. You certainly worked hard for that spike deer. Which, by the way, has one cool looking spike. We went back for Friday Saturday and Sunday. Neither of us took a deer. I saw a real nice buck down low but just couldn't get to him. The terrain was terrible. Maybe next year!

Carl