Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Loren McReynolds Goes Down

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

I am not 100% positive, but fairly sure I have seen this guy in 7W during late rifle elk season.....

Anyone know if he drove a white Dodge Dakota 4x4?  

He used to have a white Chevy then a silver Ford, not sure what he's go now.

Because the guy I saw, that looked similar, had a nice 4x4 mule deer in the bed of his truck during elk season....and took off and we gave chase.  Got the plate # and Called G&F on him.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Because the guy I saw, that looked similar, had a nice 4x4 mule deer in the bed of his truck during elk season....and took off and we gave chase.  Got the plate # and Called G&F on him.  

Now that would be interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

It got real tense when the guy turned down a dead end road.

Spill the beans, Paul Harvey.......

• Like 2

I think I told the story in a previous thread.  Not a great elk hunt.  

But, we were out on the very north side of the unit on a 2 track glassing hills and flats.  Oncoming truck, I pulled over to let him pass.  When he did, I had my window down and threw up my hand with a smile.  He barely even looked at me.  As he passed, I looked in the back of his truck in the camper shell...."That sumbitch has a mule deer in the back!"  Just the head was all I saw, but saw the left antler, ear, hair, etc.  I snapped two photos in my rear view mirror, and told my cousin to call G&F.  I checked the photos, and could not read the plate, so we started to turn around to get the plate.  He took off!  I mean, Baja 1000 took off.  We gave chase.  We would close the distance, I would stop and glass his plate.  We finally got all the numbers, and told G&F.  Well....the last turn, was a dead end.  I knew, because we had just been down it an hour before.  I stooped, and we could see he was at the circle at the end, and I saw his shadow walking outside of the truck.  Told my cousin and son-in-law that deer was not worth dying over, so I turned around and we departed....about 100 yards down the road....my son-in-law says, "shoot, here he comes."  

He tailgated me for a couple miles.  I didn't drive fast, but I had my pistol in hand, one eye on the road, one on my rearview mirror.  My son-in-law had his 7RM out, my cousin had his .300RUM out.  Luckily, we didn't hit any gates.  Finally hit a main dirt road, I turned right, and he burned it left in a hurry.  Called some buddies who were up there too, and sent the photos and a description. 45 minutes later, he bombed past them too.  

The unit manager called me back that evening, we told him everything again.  He went and looked on the dead end for a deer head.  Nothing.  He said he knew who the truck belonged to.  

The next day, I got a photo from the game manager, of a deer at the guys house.  Skinned and dried out but still had dried tissue on it, and was absolutely 100% not the same deer.  The guy said we had seen THAT deer in his truck from a few weeks before when he legally took it up on the Kaibab.  Said we scared him when we turned around and that is why he ran....

Reading about his criminal history, makes me glad it did not get more confrontational, and that I was not with Taylor, but had another couple guys with me.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

On 9/9/2017 at 1:21 AM, bonecollector777 said:
On 9/8/2017 at 10:50 PM, Sneaker said:

This joker is apparently still guiding as of yesterday? Posting pics today: https://www.instagram.com/macoutfitters/?hl=en

I think you guys don't get how this whole thing works. Until he's convicted he can guide, hunt, fish, trap or whatever he pleases. Once he's convicted then comes the punishment. It's not punishment and then conviction as much as most people want since they read about it online. He may be the worst poacher in the universe but geeze people don't hang the guy yet. For all we know everything is "suspected" and he could still get off even if he truly did it. And I'm talking in a general sense here not just this case. I've seen people already saying need to take everything he owns away and kick him to the streets, never let him set foot in the forest again etc. Why doesn't everyone just wait for the conviction and then argue what punishment you'd like the dish out. Before anyone says I'm defending him I'm not. He's a shady dude for sure. But let the process work how it's supposed to before we light our torches and grab the pitchforks. Gonna be some mighty disappointed people if this dude manages to sneak out of all this without any punishment. Crazier things have happened.

Love how 777 defended him. Right there we now know he had something to prob do with the 4b bull poached recently. Acts like he knows how it all works. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, lancetkenyon said:

I remember you posting this

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:04 PM, azbugler said:

Wow! And now you know “The REST of the story”! 

But wait..... There's more.....  Insert "kicking the dead horse emoji here"

Somehow ran across his name again and found some more recent stuff. This is not all of it, just what a quick search turned up.

Real short story is:  He didn't skate with a small fine and probation. 

Feds indicted him on 2018 after his initial AZ problems came to light.

Defendant pled guilty in the predecessor case to one count of possessing a firearm as a convicted felon. Defendant was sentenced in October 2019 to 46 months in prison.  He is serving but has appealed.   Appeals were denied on all counts on May, 20th, 2020

United States v. McReynolds

Earlier case  CR-18-08052

8 pending Federal charges

Count 1.        Possession of a firearm and ammo while a convicted felon

Counts 2&3  killing or harassing wild burros

Count 4  providing guiding services in violation of federal law

Count 5 taking and transporting a mule deer from Grand Canyon National Park

Count 6 taking and transporting elk antlers from Grand Canyon National Park

Counts 7&8  structuring financial transactions at a financial institution to evade reporting requirements.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5ed5dd5f4653d0348fdf7a6c

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/14543469/parties/united-states-v-mcreynolds/

Older AZ prison history

https://www.publicpolicerecord.com/arizona/doc-prisoner/LOREN_MCREYNOLDS/190891

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 2

Nice to see a bad guy get some real time for their crimes. It’s be nice if our state game laws carried more weight. Poaching 4B bulls should carry prison time.

• Like 9