Sign in to follow this  
couesbuck22

First mule deer

Finally connected on a mule deer two weeks ago after quite a few misses over the years saw deer everywhere last year but couldn't hunt cuz I killed a Coues in January with my bow but had my mind set on a mule deer this year, 63 yard shot it was a little back but angled up into the vitals the way he jumped the string. The arrow plugged the hole on both sides which made it tough to follow blood for the first 150 yards or so we only found 3 drops of blood and mainly tracked him by his footprints which was tough in the rocks but then he jumped a big fallen log and the arrow feel out then he started bleeding pretty good could follow it at a fast walk and he only made it another 75 yards or so, then the work began got back to the truck at 4am with me and my girlfriend each carrying half the deer out, woulda been heck by myself trying to get it all out but we packed out every ounce of meat off that buck back to the truck. Only thing we left behind was the guts and lungs. I just feel that if you leave behind meat because of where you have to carry it your nothing but lazy. Scored him after we got home he's right at 160 with some change. Honestly have no idea if I shot the bigger of the two bucks but I've never been known to hunt for horns either haha

post-10168-0-40816600-1505493784.jpeg

post-10168-0-19658600-1505493800.jpeg

post-10168-0-55254900-1505493812_thumb.jpeg

• Like 17

Great looking buck, congrats! Very cool that your girlfriend was there to help out!

• Like 2

Well done!

Congrats! Good woman right there...might be a keeper.

• Like 2

Wow great buck! Way to be persistent and tracking him down!