Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Bull down help appreciated

The disabled veteran I'm guiding knocked down a beautiful bull.

We're off Main Rd where it turns to Wilderness past the Doll Baby Ranch.

Early morning, look for the black mega cab Dodge Cummins 2016

• Like 4

Texting is best, I'm at 623 707-3420

You the man Edge. I posted the link on the cwt Facebook page.

It worked. Someone who knows I am in the area saw it and called me. Now if I can just get back to sleep.
  • Like 1

We located this bull feeding on a hillside along the Mazatzals Wilderness close to the east fork of the Verde.

We had to make a wide approach due to the wind but setup for the shot at 209 yards. We had spent the previous week practicing out to 200 with his T/C so we were dialed in with the .50 Cal Barnes 250gr sabots pushed by 150 grains of red hot.

First shot lunged him and he swung his big butt around to us.

Was nearing 630pm before he quarted away and John put the next round thru his spine.

We were exhausted and ill prepared at this point, dark and no moon, couldn't see your hand in front of your face. We did good just to make it back to the Ranger.

Weather cooperated and got chilly out and the meat was good.

A big thanks to all the hunters who came out to lend a hand

Lee, RUM300

Martin and Donnie. Derek for helping us scout last week and Tom Wagner for his hard work with AES.

This well deserving vet survived being stabbed in Graneda, shot thru the tibula in Mogadishu, hit three times with IEDs in Iraq not to mention numerous parachuting mishaps. I found him to be a humble, humorous man whom loves his country, family and of course, hunting!

And true to his word, I found no quit in him.

post-11051-0-93075500-1505584223_thumb.jpgpost-11051-0-13433600-1505584398_thumb.jpgpost-11051-0-68655900-1505584777_thumb.jpg

• Like 23

Tha'ts awesome man. Love seeing you guys take these vets out and help them get it done. Congrats to the hunter and all involved on a beautiful animal.

• Like 1

It was a pleasure to come down and help get John's bull out. He really did come across as a great down to earth guy. Taking a round in Mogadishu likely places him in the rangers or even Delta, someone who not only volunteered to serve his country but then volunteered again to be out front leading the charge.

• Like 3

It was a pleasure to come down and help get John's bull out. He really did come across as a great down to earth guy. Taking a round in Mogadishu likely places him in the rangers or even Delta, someone who not only volunteered to serve his country but then volunteered again to be out front leading the charge.

Ranger.
  • Like 1