Beaton

What do you guys think?

I had this happen to me 35 years ago, but it was a very large mule deer. I wouldn't waste my time, keep huntin.

It's too bad there are hunters out there with absolutely no ethics or respect for anyone or anything. I would have went ballistic.... sorry you had to deal with that fellow sportsman.

For some it's all about their ego. Whether or not they killed it is not relevant. The only thing that matters is that they can get people to believe they did kill it when it's hanging on their wall. They may as well have bought it at Park and swap.

• Like 1

That's the remaining question Bonecollector....what did the guide do? Did he go help his client clean it and pack it out..... or abandon ship? My guess he did not abandon his client, but I hope I am wrong

Funny. Someone said he hit in the antler from 10 yards. He admitted to doing just that. Then he hit shot him at 10 yards with the second arrow. That's ridiculous

Guest oneshot

Some folks will say it belongs to the first person who drew blood...

Other folks will say it belongs to the person who killed it...

I'm kinda in the middle, I've found wounded deer still alive and had to kill that deer, then wait/backtrack blood trail to see if anyone is following-up. If they dont show, I'll tag that deer...

This has happened to me more then a few times(NY)...

Some folks will say it belongs to the first person who drew blood...

Other folks will say it belongs to the person who killed it...

I'm kinda in the middle, I've found wounded deer still alive and had to kill that deer, then wait/backtrack blood trail to see if anyone is following-up. If they dont show, I'll tag that deer...

This has happened to me more then a few times(NY)...

Happened all the time in NY. I lived there for 30 years. So many deer and so many yahoos. If the deer didn't go right down they just kept hunting. I used to intentionally go looking for blood trails in the middle of the day when there was snow on. Killed a lot of wounded deer back there.

Yes I was raised in Syracuse, New York and hunted back there as a youngster. Totally different hunting environment in many ways. Biggest difference was the privilege to tag 5 deer per year. You don't sweat the small stuff under those privileges........ unless it was the biggest animal of your life.

30+ years ago while attending NAU, I had a 6B deer tag. One morning shots were fired in the next draw over and I got ready hoping something would be pushed my way. Soon a buck came hobbling through with its front leg flopping in the air. I shot it and put it down.

Minutes later while standing over the deer, two guys came along, very loud, profane and ready to fight for the buck. I told them it was there's, I just put him down so he didn't get away. They immediately changed tone and were appreciative. We BSed while the hunter field dressed his buck, his buddy and I razzed him about his shooting ability. They headed for the road and I resumed my hunt.

Over the years I have learned that was an illegal act as I was the one who made the killing shot, however, all of us left feeling pretty good about the situation. Maybe just ethics above law?

• Like 9