Beaton

What do you guys think?

Dang thats a bummer for sure. I hope your buddy ends up with giant bull in the end.

Brutal.

I can't add anything that hasn't been said on both side of this, but maybe that guide could help your friend get one of his own. Or some help somewhere.. man..

What a subject. The last time I lost a deer it was to a black bear.

Not sure I agree with some of the comments saying you should put down a wounded animal if you come across one out of respect. It sucks they have to suffer but what if it's an animal that you don't want to put a tag on and another hunter doesn't show up to claim it. I wouldn't say I don't respect the animals but depending on the tag and how many points I used for it, I wouldn't want to tag a spike.

I had a similar conversation like this with a buddy a couple weeks ago during the otc deer hunt. He ran into a bull that appeared to be starving to death because one of his antlers grew straight down and he couldn't feed. He wished he could of put the bull out of its misery but then it comes down to ethics VS laws. You want to do the right thing but also don't want to be punished and lose your hunting license.

Not sure I agree with some of the comments saying you should put down a wounded animal if you come across one out of respect. It sucks they have to suffer but what if it's an animal that you don't want to put a tag on and another hunter doesn't show up to claim it. I wouldn't say I don't respect the animals but depending on the tag and how many points I used for it, I wouldn't want to tag a spike.

I had a similar conversation like this with a buddy a couple weeks ago during the otc deer hunt. He ran into a bull that appeared to be starving to death because one of his antlers grew straight down and he couldn't feed. He wished he could of put the bull out of its misery but then it comes down to ethics VS laws. You want to do the right thing but also don't want to be punished and lose your hunting license.

I can't relate. id rather sleep at night with a clean conscience knowing I did the right thing, end the suffering. I couldnt give a shoot less what the government says about that.
  • Like 2

Sucks that it happened, Ive had it happen when I was a kid a few times in washington state back in the late 70's one reason I never hunt near people.

Happened in the kaibab kinda in the 90's but it was no biggy. shot a pretty decent non typical buck laying down. he took off running like a bat out of heck. he ran and ran never stopped. we lost blood train figured we would go back and look for him after we got some lunch. about 2 hours later were driving down this road to the far side, in a camp a guy is skinning the buck I hit. I stopped and asked him where he shot it.. said about 400 yards from his camp. said the thing had a xx75 and a wasp broadhead sticking out of his back. he even gave it back to me. there was a pause for a min and I said keep the deer you killed it. he was pretty relieved cause there were 2 of us and we were bigger and 30 years younger.

the guy didnt do anything wrong, that buck ran a min of a mile and I could tell by the guys attitude he wasnt bsing me. we ended up seieng him every year for a good 6-7 years during archery season before they closed it to draw only. always said hi to one another and feed info back and forth.

so every situation is different.

Ive worried about it only when I hunt with my daughter. being her first animal it would probably come to blows depending on the circumstances. if the guy is bsing and you can tell he is then yeah somethings going to happen. but if the guy is sincere made one or too bad shots and hit it were it could die and actually killed it more power to him its his.

dont forget there is ALWAYS 2 SIDES to the story and the one telling the story tends to exagerate a tad in his favor.(not saying this is what happen but people cant judge it with out here both sides.

Just read this and my first thought was that a beautiful trophy elk was treated with such disrespect.

How can you respect something your going to kill I mean seriously!
Do you even hunt?

not since my kids were old enough to hunt big game every drawn tag I get but one went to them in 16 years. I had my fun when I was younger now its there turn if I can legally sign it over.

Archery deer yotes, pdogs yes but mainly help the kids 1st . But then again thats just me.

And that's the example you set for them, no respect for the animals? Do you know what respect is?

trying to figure out what I am missing here. you know how I type, things always come out a little different ;)

what example am I / or not setting for them? should I pray to Allah after every animal killed?, drink the blood, do a rain dance, eat the heart raw? you tell me what I am doing wrong. cause I dont follow this respect part. other than trying your best to make a quick clean shot and put the animal down fast. but then its better to use a rifle than a bow unless your a piss pour shot with a rifle too.

I can't relate. id rather sleep at night with a clean conscience knowing I did the right thing, end the suffering. I couldnt give a shoot less what the government says about that.

Thats one thing PEOPLE should never talk about on a public forum is what to do when they see a wounded animal, can cause someone a crap load of problems by G&F

Definition of respect
1 :a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation
  • remarks having respect to an earlier plan
2 :an act of giving particular attention :consideration
3 a :high or special regard :esteem
b :the quality or state of being esteemed
c respects plural :expressions of high or special regard or deference
  • paid our respects
4 :particular, detail
  • a good plan in some respects
in respect of
chiefly British :with respect to :concerning

Thats the problem I have low self esteem ;)

To harvest "catch or kill (animals) for human consumption or use".

Not just a word for farming

In the 40+ years I been hunting I never heard the word harvast by hunter (that includes Japan most of the pacific NW texas the rocky states and even a few east coast states). Except when Political correctness started. most of those people are yupiies, from big cities back east and Ca. usually young people in there 30's

Harvest started showing up about the time the animal rights wakos started hammering on the hunters on the internet and all the gay hunting tv shows came out. they had to make it more politically correct cause hunting and or killing an animal is bad. But Harvesting is ok. Heck man there some gay politically correct hunting websites that will ban you (after you been warned) for using the word "killed" and even for showing the animal in a picture were you can visible see the wound otr a slight trace of blood.

• Like 1

<p><p>

Definition of respect<p>

1 :a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation

• remarks having respect to an earlier plan

2 :an act of giving particular attention :consideration

3 a :high or special regard :esteem

b :the quality or state of being esteemed

c respects plural :expressions of high or special regard or deference

• paid our respects

4 :particular, detail

• a good plan in some respects

in respect of

chiefly British :with respect to :concerning

Thats the problem I have low self esteem ;)

Having no respect for the animals you hunt stems from something so that's not surprising.

Did someone just say ...... "Delw is the best forum moderator of all time."

:blink:

If I found an elk alive on the ground and had to finish it, I would. Then I would go find the hunter and tell him...."come get your bull."

If the elk got up and was leaving, and I arrowed him, he would be mine.

If I found an elk alive on the ground and had to finish it, I would. Then I would go find the hunter and tell him...."come get your bull."

yeah he was he let everything go and called people out for bitching about it. i know because i have no life except hunting, fishing, and $hit posting.
  • Like 3

yeah he was he let everything go and called people out for bitching about it. i know because i have no life except hunting, fishing, and $hit posting.

Yep, but at the end of the day delw is still a nig

• Like 1

Yep, but at the end of the day delw is still a nig

Also this. How's his gambler hull coming along?