Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Security Screen Door or Company Recommendations?

With the weather finally starting to cool off in the valley (it was in the high 60's this morning when I left for work YAHOOOO!!!), we want to put in a security screen door at our house so my wife will let me keep the door open in the morning. We would like to do something a little nicer that the $150 -$250 stock variety at Home Depot so may look at some of their semi-custom options or even some screen door companies.

But before we start making calls and begin looking, I was wondering if any CWT members have or work for a security door company, or have any recommendations for a good quality door, company, etc.

We live in the Queen Creek (south east valley) area.

Thanks

We had a nice custom one made, but in Tucson so probably not helpful. One thing I'd recommend is making sure they weatherstrip it...not a big deal for weather but we've had bugs and even lizards get under and around ours due to the gaps.

• Like 1

We had a nice custom one made, but in Tucson so probably not helpful. One thing I'd recommend is making sure they weatherstrip it...not a big deal for weather but we've had bugs and even lizards get under and around ours due to the gaps.

Definitely, the weather stripping is a big part of why we don't want a cheap one.

there are 2 vendors at the Mesa market place (Crismon and baseline). they have some pretty nice designs. I cant say that I used either one, but their doors look pretty nice. And they have a wide range of pricing.

We were there around fathers day, and we talked to both vendors. We were waiting to see if our offer got accepted, and then with the new house, that project has just fallen by the wayside so far.

• Like 1

First Impression Security Doors. I have used them for front and back doors. I have not had a problem with either door. Might be a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

firstimpressionsecuritydoors.com

Gilbert and Mesa locations

Mike

It was years ago, but I went with Ironman. Solid steel instead of hollow tubes.

We went with a Titan aluminum security door through Lowe's.

Here's a link to the Lowe's website:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TITAN-Winchester-Powder-Coat-Copperclad-Aluminum-Surface-Mount-Single-Security-Door-Common-36-in-x-96-in-Actual-38-5-in-x-97-563-in/50255035

I believe Titan Security is a Gilbert, AZ company. Here's the manufacturer's website:

http://titansecurity.com/product-category/aluminum-security-doors/

Ours was pretty spendy (almost $1,800, in part because our front door is an odd size) but I think it was worth it. They

It enhances the look of our entrance way, allows for secure cross ventilation (around this time of year when we try to let in as much cool nighttime air as possible and trap it in for the day which saves A/C) but most of all it's secure. We have dogs and we can open the door to talk to who ever is knocking without worrying about the dogs getting out. I highly recommend the perforated aluminum screed. It makes it easy to see out but harder to see in and gives an extra level of security.