Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

Honda Vs. Champion Generator

I'm in the market for a generator and I've been looking at both the Honda EU2000 and the Champion 2000 generators. I can't make up my mind. Any and all advise would be appreciated. main use will be for a pop up.

Thanks,

JD

I don't know much about Champion. But as far a dependable low maintenance engine goes, Honda is pretty much in a league of it's own. I've had an EU2000 for about 10 years. I change the oil annually with Mobil1 10w30, but have never had to do much else. It still starts up every time I pull the string.

• Like 1

Reliability of the honda is awesome. If you plan on keeping its worth the investment to buy honda, if it's a short term then champion.

• Like 1

My friend had the Honda then sold it and bought the champion... Darn I miss that Honda!

• Like 1

Haven't used many generators but used the Honda 2000 in the bottom of the Grand Canyon working for GCMRC . Through the wind/ sand storms rain heat in the summer and cold in winter I would spend the money on them. Just like anything else if you keep up with maintaining them they will keep running for a long time.

Honda generators are pretty darn good.

We had an old champion we abused and ran hard. It lasted but was loud and drank gas. The Honda is much quieter and efficient. You pay for that though.

Look for a good deal, I bought 2 hondas 2000's with the parallel kit for $1000 for both. Used but in good condition, just look on FB or CL and you'll find a good deal