Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Anybody ever try this?

Walking the length of the baboquivari's from mexico to the Coyote mountains. Just Taking illegal immigrant trails along the reservation fence.

Talking to a few border crossers they mentioned seeing some giant coues. I figure it should be about a 30 mile walk with some epic scenery and some really good hunting. I have been thinking about doing this for a few years now. January I will make it happen, I have one huckleberry that has committed to going with me.

• Like 4

We worked on a couple sites on Mildred Peak and Colorado Peak, and saw some great deer up there. We also glassed up a lot of "mules" and "coyotes". Be careful.

We worked on a couple sites on Mildred Peak and Colorado Peak, and saw some great deer up there. We also glassed up a lot of "mules" and "coyotes". Be careful.

Always careful.. the ones that make me nervous are the ones going back south.

• Like 1

For that trip I would be hoping my huckleberry was Doc Holliday.

• Like 3

pretty close. A marathon running former recon marine.

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Great country, alittle 'busy", check with Arizona border recon("Cartel Land" on netflix)/BP for recent big-bucks in deep...

Goood luck Brother...

So your huckleberry can run faster than you?....that's not good.

• Like 2

30 miles? is way more than that. Maybe we'll see each other..I'll be there chasing javelina and coues with my bow.

• Like 1

So your huckleberry can run faster than you?....that's not good.
not if he knee caps him. Bring a billy club.

Those are the very trails that give me the heebee geebees!! I stay off those trails personally. But thats just me, good luck and write it up.

Force Recon, sounds like you're in very good company. Had to look it up on the map to see where you were talking about. Looks like an interesting trip. Good luck and be safe.

Guest oneshot

I'll be set-up overlooking a couple of small canyons, first 34a Coues Hunt, in the Santa ritas, solo camping 20yds from my shooting poss., for as many days as it takes...

The area gets illegal traffic, maybe the American flag i'll be flying will let BP know it's just a Hunter and they dont need to come investigate hahaha...(i'll always have coffee for them though)...

30 miles? is way more than that. Maybe we'll see each other..I'll be there chasing javelina and coues with my bow.

I'm cheating a little bit. Going in at Mile marker 14, along the southern border of santa margarita ranch and stopping at my family's property just to the east of the coyote wilderness along coleman road. According to the onx map app its about 27.3 miles.

Guest oneshot

I'm cheating a little bit. Going in at Mile marker 14, along the southern border of santa margarita ranch and stopping at my family's property just to the east of the coyote wilderness along coleman road. According to the onx map app its about 27.3 miles.

Sounds like a fine adventure IDGAF...

great idea !

i have walked from presumido to dead mans and back and i have ventured into the coyotes but there is a lot in between i would like to see including "the lions kitchen ". i doubt you could go all the way without seeing something worthy of a tag .

i would like to go but i would probaly want to take a rifle and this year my tag is for 35a .