Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Taking a Knee...

This is all a result of not allowing glass beer bottles into the stadium. Now when they do something stupid, there is nothing good and solid to throw at useless pricks!

• Like 2

If you live and get paid in this great country of ours then you respect our flag. If not go back to your own dam country and play for them!!!!! I think it's the most disrespectful thing you can do.

• Like 7

Taking a knee during the national anthem is one of the most disrespectful things anyone could ever do. It's only a matter of time before kids start taking a knee at peewee games to emulate their NFL hero's. I will be talking with my kids tonight about this situation and explaining why we have the national anthem and why it's so important. I pray my kids will not take a knee, but If they do I will walk out on the field and remove them from the game! I really hope this doesn't have to happen, but if it does everyone in the stands and on the field will know my kids will not disrespect the men and women who died for our freedoms!

Already happened about a week ago.

• Like 1

Those that take a knee during the anthem,disrespecting the flag for sure haven't been handed a folded one. Maybe sometime someone disrespecting the flag, will run into a vet and get a deserved arse whipping

• Like 1

If the players want to protest, do it on their own time. I didn't tune in to see their political or ideological views. If I want that, I'll tune in to TMZ, the View or some other useless show that discusses the stupidity of people.

Overall it wasn't a big deal to me but when the staduim announcer asked the crowd to join arms with each other to show unity, THAT was WAY over the line.. The people that paid good money have to not only watch that crap but join in???? F*#@ that!!!!

And I'll stop it here before I get banned...

• Like 1

"They" want everyone to talk about it. Guess what?....,"they" were extremely successful!! That's all I heard all day!! You try and get your hunting message out there, can't do it? Your not a highly paid NFL player. Sad how some private companies let their employees run the business.

I always told you guys that fuzz ball is the devil.

• Like 2

On espn just now they showed the steeler guy that was an Army Ranger and the only player to come of the locker room for the Anthem yesterday. He was explaining His reasons. No explanation needed from the MAN. When I was young I was a steelr fan but not now. Really not now. Racsist coach too. And I have a nephew that is high up in management with them. Screw the steelers........BOB!

• Like 4

This all started when Janet jacksons titty came flying out

The reaction to that was a bit surprising to me. I guess I'm just a ignorant, sexist/racist/misogynist/blah-blah-blah/whatever, but I really thought seeing something like that would bring people together, not piss them off. Made me happy for a second.

Weird world we live in & getting weirder by the minute.

Cancelled the NFL Ticket last night. All of my NFL gear is in the trash. Direct TV will be cancelled as soon as I get my firestick. I've had enough with the NFL being NFG!

• Like 6

Cancelled the NFL Ticket last night. All of my NFL gear is in the trash. Direct TV will be cancelled as soon as I get my firestick. I've had enough with the NFL being NFG!

I had an old video put out about the NFL showing some of the first hidden mics on players to record what was being said out there. I think the title was The Hidden NFL......Jerry Glanville is chewing out a rookie ref on the sideline and Jerry says.....you know what NFL stands for rookie.....Not For Long in this league.....and it applies in this case!!!

• Like 1

Just seen somewhere that DTV is giving refunds for NFL tickets due to the protests

This all started when Janet jacksons titty came flying out

I seem to recall Chris Rock providing excellent coverage on that event.

It has existed since the beginning of time (not JJ's Nip LOL) and will be here long after millenia of our prodigy are fossilized. It's human nature, familiarity brings composure and acceptance.

But that is on a personal level. Hollywood Sci Fi would have us believe that it is inevitable we evolve past being judgemental. Will people always blame their short comings on others of different ethnicities? Some will, if they get comfort in it and can get some attention.

Nobody is exempt from these feelings but if you can find it withing yourself to come to terms with it and take the extra step to walk a mile in someoneelses shoes then that is a start.

America is racially divided, and probably will always be for those who aren't white. The struggle is very real. For a white parent there is only the discussion with your kids about the usual stuff. Don't argue with the police and be respectful and it may go well.

If you are black or brown it's a whole different talk. You hear it from the time you learn to walk, what to do because you are immediately looked upon as a risk/potential threat. Public Enemy No 1. Just the reality of where we are at today.

Is it getting better for them, yup. I am 65 years old and have seen a lot of things we take for granted unfold. Rosa Parks, MLK, The Little Rock9, Freedom Riders. I have a huge problem with the way people are treated. Eric Garner, choked to death for selling cigarettes. Choke hold that was already departmental banned. 12 year old kid playing with a toy gun darn near run down then shot to death in a playground. It goes on and on. NFL players taking a knee "during" the NA as far as I'm concerned isn't the stage to make a point. But I can feel their frustration as America doesn't seem to be paying attention under Bush, Obama or Trump. I don't have any answers. They brought it to the forefront and hit a nerve, words and ideals have been exchanged. Maybe something positive will come out of it in the long run but people are choosing sides and digging in their heals which is counter productive.