Sign in to follow this  
TOBY

Road Closures

After spending 10 days chasing bulls in 7west I can't describe nicely how upset I am with the amount of tracks on all the closed roads. You entitled(lazy a$$) hunters disgust me. If i wasnt a better person there would of been lots guys walking back to camp. Apparently I have the only copy in existence of the closed forest roads.

You are the illegal aliens of hunting.

Monday rant complete...

• Like 3

I spoke with 3 FS employees in he last two years they all told me the rules locally are intentionally not enforced. Because the local FS leadership is not in aggreeement with the tmp.

• Like 2

C'mon... What's the big deal???? Just because you wake up an hour earlier then them, hike a mile up a mountain in the cold and dark to get to a good spot that you have scouted prior to the season only to have them drive right in on you and scare off the game doesn't make them rude, illiterate, stupid, ignorant or general douche bags.. Oh wait... never mind...

This is how I find sheds. Just go everywhere that a quad can't. Lazy mfers in this state.

This used to be true, now we are finding quad tracks in places you think how in the @#$ did you get in here. Follow them back and then see. Anyone else notice how incredibly disgusting people are becoming? I am just blown away at the amount a trash and crap left behind in camp from "fellow hunters".

This is how I find sheds. Just go everywhere that a quad can't. Lazy mfers in this state.

This used to be true, now we are finding quad tracks in places you think how in the @#$ did you get in here. Follow them back and then see. Anyone else notice how incredibly disgusting people are becoming? I am just blown away at the amount a trash and crap left behind in camp from "fellow hunters".
It amazes me. We put out a camp fire yesterday that was left in a camp with flames still burning. It was a breezy day to top it off.

Which roads or general area were you having issues? I was kinda surprised how little traffic I saw where I was at.

So with all this lack of enforcement and lack of general common sense on closing a road basically no one has ever been ticketed for still using the roads it's sad the waste of paper and salary that went into this crap.

On my end we were camped last year in a well used camp spot we have been to 5 years several times a year on a dead end road and we get Jenny law forest service with a range finder checking how far off the road we were camped!!!! When we were told the one horse trailer was several yards too far and to be aware of the rules it was tough not to just laugh out loud in her face. Just for fun we grabbed a few beers and loaded 5 people in the truck and moved the trailer 5 yards closer to the road. We laughed for an hour in the truck. One of the more crazy guys with us chased everyone going to pee down to be sure they didn't unleash more than the alotted amount of liquid on the tree. Haha

All you can do is sit back and do the right thing and laugh it off.

Had the same thing in 5BS on my hunt. We hiked 2/3 of a mile into a tank on a closed road for 4 days , only to find two fat bastards up there with their CanAm parked right next to the tank on Saturday. When I informed them it was a closed road, the standard" I didnt know!" Ignorance is a way of life these days , Apparently ignorance of the law is an excuse now.

• Like 1

Well take your wife on her first archery elk hunt and walk miles in the dark daily to get f@cked by side byes and diesels. Then tell me your feelings. I will continue not to break the law dumb as it is. I might not see it happen but Karma is a B!itch.....

• Like 1

Mixed feelings on this because half the roads closed in the forest is BS......there restricting your right to the forest for really no reason.

Same. I hate that AZ closes most of the forest roads during the winter. NM does not do this. I think the logic is to keep the roads from rutting out due to mud but seriously, this is public land, what right do they have to say I can't take my truck down that road just because it is muddy?

• Like 1

Mixed feelings on this because half the roads closed in the forest is BS......there restricting your right to the forest for really no reason.

Sooo, if you disagree with a law, its okay to break it? Sounds pretty self serving and far left to me.

• Like 1

Closing roads is not restricting your rights to the forest. You can go any where you want on foot. AZ forests have more roads per square mile than any other state, and its not even close.