Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

Volunteer Game Deputies

Guest oneshot

We kinda already have it, called "operation game thief"...

and Yeah, sometimes if you call LEO's it takes time for them to get there, they are kinda busy these days,and your call may not as emergent... be a good witness...

A couple years back a citizen volunteer for the Sheriffs office got shot up by some guys in Ashfork. They opened up on him with a 50 caliber Barrett and a 308 ar. Took two rounds. Was lucky to survive. He followed the guys home even though the real sherrif guys had told everyone to avoid said individuals due to known danger of conflict.

I deputize you to call 1 800 352 0700 operation gamethief, 1 800 vandals 826 3257, On page 98 of your hunting regulations is a list of phone numbers for the Forest services and BLM. You do have a copy the regulations in your truck dont you? You do know about 911, yes? Okay, you are deputized to call those numbers to report violations.

Common theme being stated here is that there isn't enough manpower to enforce... one warden to a unit, the time it takes for one to show up to a call, etc. They are spread too thin and there isn't enough budget to hire more.

Obviously we all know about operation game thief and reporting violations, but we all also know that only a fraction of those reports ever result in any punishment of the offender.

• Like 1

A group of people I trail ride with thought it would be fun to join search and rescue.

The leader of the group couldn't ride and was timid. The other members couldn't pass the background and drug tests, its the same process as hiring deputies.

At the end of the day my GF was the lone participant. But thank goodness they've never been activated, they get lost riding in their own hoods. But it is a nice tax write-off on a couple horses.

Guest oneshot

Common theme being stated here is that there isn't enough manpower to enforce... one warden to a unit, the time it takes for one to show up to a call, etc. They are spread too thin and there isn't enough budget to hire more.

Obviously we all know about operation game thief and reporting violations, but we all also know that only a fraction of those reports ever result in any punishment of the offender.

I've turned in 4ppl over the years(game thief) 3for illegal deer, 1for killing/skinning out a gila monster, they all got what they deserved...

I've turned in 4ppl over the years(game thief) 3for illegal deer, 1for killing/skinning out a gila monster, they all got what they deserved...

skinned out a Gila monster? That's impressive didn't know that was even possible.

I can't see how getting private citizens to follow and/or interfere with armed people in the process of committing crimes is going to end in anything other than lawsuits and 7 figure settlements for the families of dead "deputized" people. As a taxpayer, I say no thanks, let's leave it to the professionals.

If you see something call it in. If you think you might like to interfere, you should think long and hard about the possible consequences first. Bad stuff is known to happen and holes sometimes get dug out in the middle of no where.

Don't do it. If you ever watched the volunteer "navy" at Roosevelt running around to hassle people who are boating you would understand. Kind of like the old man that walks around our neighborhood ratting out anyone who lets a weed grow in the front yard. I bought my grandson a plastic playhouse one year and took it out of the truck for four hours then put it back to drive it to Payson. Sure enough the old fart had turned me in and I got a letter.

Don't do it. If you ever watched the volunteer "navy" at Roosevelt running around to hassle people who are boating you would understand. Kind of like the old man that walks around our neighborhood ratting out anyone who lets a weed grow in the front yard. I bought my grandson a plastic playhouse one year and took it out of the truck for four hours then put it back to drive it to Payson. Sure enough the old fart had turned me in and I got a letter.

What is the Roosevelt navy

Only the biggest wanna be's woild volunteer for this.

It would attract a lot of people with a " Napoleon complex" and or short mans complex. Bad idea.

• Like 1