Sign in to follow this  
10Turkeys

Bergara Rifles

Picked up a Bergara B-14 Hunter a couple of weeks ago, in 300 Win Mag. Looks like a Remington clone, shoots ok with factory ammo. Anyone else have one?

I had the HMR in .308. Tried three different rounds and found it really likes Barnes 178g precision hunter. Shoots .60-.70. Loves it but sold it to buy the 300 wm version when they come out.

Haven't played with it all that much, shot cheap factory Winchester 180gr so-so, loaded up some 180gr Sierra, not too impressed. 300 WM.

I was looking at their Premier Series the Stalker or Mountain. From what I heard/read the B14 series was good but the groups floated around 1 to 1.25 moa. Is it like other companies that have a few bad rifles but the rest do great, not sure.

The reason i jumped in price from the 1k to around 2k was to hope to get a better rifle grouping without blowing the bank and going custom. I have a custom 7mm, and am looking at a 6.5CM for a backup and just a factory load shooter. Started looking more at Christensen Arms as well as Fierce inventory rifles.

problems on the hunt with my uncle's rifle. not extracting or ejecting correctly. that caused double feeds. i tried it myself and if i stripped the round using the bolt it would sometimes pop out but not in the channel, like it comes out to early. he was pissed. cost him a javelina.

Not to impressed with mine.

Give it some time, I was not too happy with the ruger precision at first. Now it Hammers. Shoots better the more i put ammo through it

JOhnny

Really like my hmr 6.5 Creedmoor. Only about 12 shots through it getting it sighted in. This is a three round group at 100 yards.post-13412-0-35853700-1519787099_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice grouping. that is impressive.