Sign in to follow this  
Wrk2Hnt

Thanks Todd (southernxpress) Custom 7stw

Todd built me my very first full custom rifle.......awesome 7stw like I asked for....I'll let him post his pic and details. Too many mods and and specs for me to remember.

• Like 3

post-8703-0-90771300-1506748219_thumb.jpgpost-8703-0-00989200-1506748168_thumb.jpgpost-8703-0-81861600-1506748337_thumb.jpg

Thank Paul! It was a fun build working with you! Well Paul brought the Remington 700 to me that he did some horse trading to and ended up with as well as a plain stock. He wanted a long range bolt gun to replace the Ruger #1 he had. He was fond of the 7STW and since I already had the reamer it was an easy project to tackle. We ordered up a Benchmark Barrel 1-9 twist in a Sendero contour. I prepped the action by squaring the action face, lapping lugs, chasing threads and then pinning a new oversized recoil lug to it. We decided to maximize the cartridge choice and got a Wyatt's extended magazine box which he should be able to load the Berger 180's to 3.800", that's a nice increase over the standard size mag box. Milled the action to accept the new mag box and ready to rock as well as modified the bolt release so the bolt would come back farther for those long rounds. Put his new Timney trigger in too. We added some personal touch to it by turning the bolt shroud down and added a fluted oversized bolt knob to it too. We ran the barrel at 27" but you can't really notice the difference since we did one of our shorty brakes on it which adds just under an inch in length blended it to a seamless finish and the Cerakoted it in burnt bronze. He wanted the scope to tie into the rifle also so we did the turret caps in burnt bronze also. We have him a custom paint job per his request so that he can have really cool kill shot photos this year with his deer from his upcoming hunt! Good luck and thanks again!

• Like 7

The rifle shoots....... got a 2.028" & 1.720" group......both at 400yds. Pretty impressed with what Todd has built for me. Oh ya, that's with factory Nosler 175ABLR also.

• Like 1