Sign in to follow this  
chico

NUT JOB

I'm really not for gun control laws generally but I don't personally think the general public should have access to full auto weapons. Just my opinion.

It's called the firearms act of 1934

I just read an article that makes it sound like his rifles had the bumpfire stocks on them. So those are going to be ban soon.

They allow for a quicker rate of fire, but are NOT fully automatic.

I just read an article that makes it sound like his rifles had the bumpfire stocks on them. So those are going to be ban soon.

How do they have that info out though and nothing else

This thing is not adding up. I haven't watched the vid, my friends say it sounds like full auto?

Def full auto. I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back unfortunately
Nobody with the qualifications to acquire that kind of weapon has ever done anything like this so that's weird. What camel?
if it was an ak then he can "file" stuff and not blow up. And AR doesn't usually hold up so well. I would like to think it's a bump fire stock and that the shooter didn't spend money and time on a tax stamp.

Horrible news. Yes if it was illegal then new laws would not make a difference as he should not have had it to begin with. We have a trip planned out there over Christmas and it is definitely going to be different. As far as bump firing you don't need a special stock to do it. You can reach speeds of 800 rounds per minute with a standard semi-auto rifle.

Horrible news. Yes if it was illegal then new laws would not make a difference as he should not have had it to begin with. We have a trip planned out there over Christmas and it is definitely going to be different. As far as bump firing you don't need a special stock to do it. You can reach speeds of 800 rounds per minute with a standard semi-auto rifle.

belt loop works great, but that isn't going to save our cause.
  • Like 1

This thing is not adding up. I haven't watched the vid, my friends say it sounds like full auto?

Def full auto. I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back unfortunately
Nobody with the qualifications to acquire that kind of weapon has ever done anything like this so that's weird. What camel?

That's what I keep saying

Does it really matter if a mass murderer had a legal firearm?

yes when everyone is trying to find and use any tradegy against us
In the eyes of liberals all guns should be illegal. Auto,bumpfire,semi-auto,revolver or single shot. It doesn't matter what the fake news reports. The fake news will call the gun what ever they want.
  • Like 1

With an AR you can use a bumpfire stock or a trigger crank to achieve "artificial" full auto. It is legally not full auto because the weapon only fires only round per pull of the trigger, the definition of semi auto. You can file away on trigger parts to achieve an illegal shade tree full auto. This will leave the gun in a state where it will fire a round even if the bolt does not lock. You could Illegally fabricate and install an auto sear so the weapon is mechanically similar to a M-16. The guy had plenty of options available to achieve full auto fire. I would expect the probability that it was a legal NFA weapon is fairly low. I don't see the big question being how did he get a full auto rifle. The big question is why did he do it. Some are already calling it terrorism. So far no one has exposed a political, ideological or religious motivation for his actions. He may just be a mass murderer. Either way he is a criminal whose actions will be exploited by some in attempts to infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens.

• Like 4

It's a sad day for all the families whom have to deal with this tragic shooting. My sincerest thoughts and prayers to all!

Sad day for America also --- there is no good side to this -never will be. It will forever change us.

-

when lighting strikes a tree - it falls and kills someone sleeping in a tent - Do you cut down the forests?

It gives fools like Clinton and Gifford the opportunity to shout " GUN CONTROL" and bash the NRA etc for political gain

no one will ever know the "WHY" this happened- it's shocking - horrifying - senseless etc. to point a finger and blame the weapons used isn't gonna help solve anything

There's too much here that doesn't add up. There's a video out that shows rapid muzzle flashes coming from the fourth floor and nothing from the 37th, which was reported where he was firing and found dead by his own hand. There's got to be more to this!