Sign in to follow this  
curtimus

24B suggestions for Oct rifle hunt

Hey guys I drew the 24b Oct rifle hunt for coues but am not familiar with anything but rodgers trough area...any suggestions?

I'd try the rest of the unit, especially around water sources. Find others salt licks and apple/molasses bear baiting sites and hunt around them. Good luck on your hunt.

I put a lot of work into those spots

• Like 5

I'd try the rest of the unit, especially around water sources. Find others salt licks and apple/molasses bear baiting sites and hunt around them. Good luck on your hunt.

you don't own the forest bud, it belongs to everyone and their brother.

We all know you don't hunt 20 yards off a road unless you are shooting one ;)

We all know you don't hunt 20 yards off a road unless you are shooting one ;)

Accurate

• Like 1

Big unit with some nice bucks & lots of good spots. You'll have plenty of company on anything that vaguely resembles a road, I'd find a good spot to hike in somewhere.

I've shot a few in that unit, none were in easy spots.

Good luck.

Guest akaspecials

Get away from roads and you will find them. Almost every part of the unit above 3,000 feet holds whitetail now. (Heck, I found a 110ish buck in February near the base of Weavers Needle). I spent almost every weekend last year from August to December in 24b and I only ran into other people in the back country three times. Two groups were on mules hunting and the other was a hiker trying to summit peaks in the wilderness. Almost no one hikes over a mile off the roads in 24b and the bucks know it.

There are plenty of bucks within a few miles of Rogers Trough too.

thanks those of you whom gave a straight