IA Born

Another Proud Dad Moment

Some of you may remember that my daughter, Sydney, won an all-expenses paid turkey hunt to Kansas last spring after submitting an essay to the NWTF JAKES Essay Contest contest. After all she experienced with her trip to the National Convention and her hunt, she decided to start up a Women in the Outdoors group through NWTF. Rather than start her own separate chapter, it was decided to start as a subcommittee of our chapter here in Flagstaff. I helped her contact local women who I thought would support, help, and guide her along the way. One day, I decided to email two of the top ladies at NWTF that we met to let them know just how much of an influence they and the NWTF had on Sydney. One of them asked me if she could write up an article to publish, hoping to motivate more kids and adults to step up and make a difference. When we got home from our elk hunt, my wife handed us the most recent JAKES Country magazine (Fall 2017). The last page was an awesome article about Syd and I had to share. I hope you all enjoy the article and are inspired as much as I am!

Syd JAKES Article.pdf

• Like 11

Now that just made my day. Super awesome and what a great thing for anyone, let alone a young lady to set out on getting done. As we talked before don't hesitate to have her get in touch with Jaycie for support or participation. Proud dad moments continue!

• Like 1

Now that just made my day. Super awesome and what a great thing for anyone, let alone a young lady to set out on getting done. As we talked before don't hesitate to have her get in touch with Jaycie for support or participation. Proud dad moments continue!

We talk about getting Jaycie involved all the time. When an event gets planned, especially one in Phoenix, Syd will be contacting her, if not sooner. Then we can finally meet up, too!

• Like 1

Great article, great kid, great Dad. Great family values and commitment to helping others as well. Definitely "proud-worthy".