Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Part 2-Another Jr tag filled

This was my daughters 3rd time getting drawn and wanted a turkey (bowlers terminology). Since she knew I was going to spend more time with my youngest out in the field she knew it was going to be more challenging due to her swimming schedule to get out there. Well this morning we woke up at 4:30 and high-tailed it to where my son dropped his on Sunday. The wind was not on our side and knew the deer would be hunkered down or in some deep bowls. Well, after glassing for a couple of hours we find a solo buck working his way down into a bowl. Prior to shooting this buck, I asked her "we can pass and keep looking" and her response was, "I have swim practice later on dad, I just want my deer snack sticks and burger". Fine with me, so I range him at 180yds and she was able to harvest her 3rd WT buck. As some of us know, it's not the size it's the memories and being out in the field that keeps us coming back for more and more. Of course her little brother had to comment that his was bigger, sibling rivalry...you got yo love it!!!!!!

post-2173-0-02301600-1507667972_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Yet another AWESOME post!!! Love love to see the junior hunter success!!!

Congrats to your daughter, and kudos to you dad, for getting your kids out there!

Doesn't get any better!

S.

:)

Very nice, congratulations on the turkey (bowling reference)!